My PC is messed

Hey,

For some reason I can’t use my msn. Everytime I try to log in, it give me this error code: “80072f0d”.

I tried searching google for it, but no dice. Apparently it also has something to do with the site certificates (whatever that is), because now when I go to secure sites like my Gmail account, and other online email, it prompts me that this site isn’t showing valid certificates and if I want to continue. Thats not what pisses me off, its the msn thing.

Anyone?

Thanks

try reinstalling you msn.

Did that. No dice.

Have you tried to create a new account?

Just to see if it’s your hotmail account that may be screwed.

If the new account works and the old one doesn’t, then there is something wrong with the account.

It can’t be only the msn/hotmail account if other secure sites are being affected. Check your system time is correct otherwise it won’t match with the validity period of certificate. Try going to Windows Update and looking for updates to Root Certificates.

If that’s not it, try clearing your SSL state and certificate cache. Open IE, go to Tools…Internet Options…Content. Click Clear SSL state. Then click Certificates and look through all six tabs. Highlight and remove all certificates that you have stored there. You will get new ones from each website when you revisit them. Go to Windows update and check again for Root Certificates. Good luck!

It can’t be only the msn/hotmail account if other secure sites are being affected. Check your system time is correct otherwise it won’t match with the validity period of certificate. Try going to Windows Update and looking for updates to Root Certificates.

If that’s not it, try clearing your SSL state and certificate cache. Open IE, go to Tools…Internet Options…Content. Click Clear SSL state. Then click Certificates and look through all six tabs. Highlight and remove all certificates that you have stored there. You will get new ones from each website when you revisit them. Go to Windows update and check again for Root Certificates. Good luck![/quote]

Thanks Archie, but I’m totally computer illiterate. Windows update is where again? I went to a site, but said that it couldn’t update me, so I think there is more wrong. Also, I have Windows Professional 2000 if that helps, so there was no “clear SSL” button or anything like that.

HELP!

The solution to your problems!

Haha totally got that from Reflux, what a wicked guy!

Awww, you had my hopes going. I actually thought you had a solution. lol.

Yeah, I’ll buy it for sure, it’s only $3K. :x

PM’d

Problem solved.

Thanks all.

For some reason when I searched the error the other day, it didn’t turn anything up on google, but tonight, it turned up tonnes. Problem is now fixed and it was a problem with the MSN 7.0. I had to enter these codes into the “Run” prompt on the start button. Works fine now.

Thanks.

Just had to register the DLL files??

I think it had something to do with that. Or at least get them running. All of the files I had to “run” in the start menu were all .dll, so you could be right.

Serves you right for running chat programs on your pc nukka :stuck_out_tongue:

You mean the one that you talk to me on callled MSN? lol