my s14 jdm converted silvia build

hey everyone just thought i would post up some new pics fresh from the body shop. this car has been in the making for a few years now and thought it is time to share.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32021[/ATTACH]

• Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32022[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]32023[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]32024[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]32022[/ATTACH]

• Updated - - -
      • Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32026[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]32027[/ATTACH]

• Updated - - -

S14
Engine
S14 sr20 swap set
Koyo rad
Blitz fmic kit.
Samco rad hoses.
Hks aculater
Hks ssqv4.
Gready rocker arm stop.
Tommie engine spark cover
New oem valve cover.
Oem fan shroud.
Gready oil plug.
walbro 255 pump

Suspension
HSD. Coliovers
SPL. titanium rear upper arms
SPL titanium rear toe arms
SPL titanium rear traction arms
SPL. titanium Tension. Rods
SPL. DIFF bushings.
Nismo front power brace.
Nismo r tune rear strut bar.
Meagan C piller bar.
Nismo steering rack bushings
Tein iner and outer tie rods.
Rebuilt rack and pinion
Polyurethane subframe collars

Brakes

New rear callipers.
Stop tech slotted Rotters rear
Stainless steel rear brake lines
Hawk hp plus rear pads.
Front 300zx callipers.
Conversion ss lines.
Stop tech slotted Rotters
Halk hp plus pads z32.
SPL. Brake air deflectors

Exhaust.
Apexi noir 3 inch catback
Meagan 3 inch down pipe.
3 inch test pipe.
Cs hanger bay bushings.

Drivetrain

Drive shaft shop aluminum drive shaft
Jdm diff and vlsd.
Braided clutch line.
New oem clutch master.
Hks shift springs
Cusco shifter bushing.
B&m short shifter
Exedy 14 lb fly wheel.
Bully stage 5 clutch kit.
Drive shaft seal.
New oem Nissan clutch pedal assembly, old one had that annoying click.

Interior
New oem shifter bezel.
Momo drift steering wheel
Momo hub.
Nismo shift knob.
Aem boost gauge.
Aem wideban.
Viper alarm with pager
New rear leather seats.

Exterior
night hawk pearl black
Full Jdm kouki front end conversion
Gready stile polyurethane front lip
Oem kouki side skirts with end caps
Jdm kouki rear bumper with side valences
8k hids.
Silvia hood emblem
honda s2000 antenna
New windshield and new rear glass moldings
APR gtc300 carbon fiber wing

Wheels tires

Volk rays cv pro wheels 17x9 +20

Dunlop derrezia dz101 tires
Jdm lug nuts

• Updated - - -
      • Updated - - -

plans for this year

apexi power fc d jetro
greddy trust t518z turbo
injectors, ss lines and full tune.
tomei or doc race manifold
tomei elbow
tomei oil pan

nismo engine and transmission mounts
nismo front and rear lower control arms with nismo ball joints
progress sway bars.

rear 300zx brake set up with full e brake Assembly

• Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32029[/ATTACH]

• Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32030[/ATTACH]

thought you said this car cost 50k

i rounded it off to around 50 when im done the build.I said it costs around 40-50k to fully build a 240, at least when your paying for all the work to get done, most likely the cost would be cut in half if I did all the work my self. so far I’ve put in almost 30 k Between parts and labor. Labor is expensive. I’ve kept a fine record with bills and Receipts of all the money I have spent on parts, labor and what I paid for the car bone stock.

• Updated - - -

Forgot to add Drivetrain and a few others

Doing the work yourself is mandatory imo when building 25 yr old cars, but if you have the cash and love 240s why not. Either way looks nice well done. I do have a question though, where did you get your rack rebuilt and how much does that cost? That would be something I would pay to have done. Thanks

I too would like to know. Thanks in advance

thanks any input means a lot :slight_smile: the rack and pinion was sent out for me by a guy named tony at the shop at eglinton and kennedy right beside the shell gas station 1 years ago. it was $ 420 and they did a very good job also painted it silver. if you go to that shop and talk to tony he can get it done for you as well. i no longer go there tho.

wow looks awesome. hope to see this out at some meets or track days

What are jdm lug nuts?

that has flashy colours and drift tax?

damm thats 50g build. I wonder how much my s14 will run me

Thanks :). Can’t wait to do the turbo upgrade this year looking to settle for around 350whp with the greddy. But may go with the new gtx Series turbo and aim for around 400. Hopefully going to be a fun year but I hear its going to be a scorching hot summer tho :frowning: bad for boost!

• Updated - - -

30g so far not 50g when I finally finish the car I Estimate it will have cost around 50k still have alot more to do

you should really mash the brakes with the spending unless you have cash to burn and enjoy paying people to do stuff.
No offense but I don’t see a 30k there or a 20k one either. You clearly like s14s, I’d talk to some more knowledgeable people you trust before continuing this build.
I say that having had 3 s14s with only actual baller jdm parts.

How much more would you say it will take to get the car where it needs to be? I want to get power and tune done. A better clutch set up most likely twin plate. it’s a stage 5 4 puck right now but it’s only meant for drag racing and is not street friendly. And the rest of the stuff listed as well as some bucket seats. If I could do all that for under ten k I would be happy. Trust me I don’t like spending the money but someone here once said go into debt and Build a race car and I had Decided to Follow their bad example lol. As for what I’ve spent so far I will post what everything has cost listed so that there is no more Confusion

over the years all i have wanted is to get this car done and finally enjoy the potential these cars have. ever since watching best motoring touge max back in the day i have always wanted a Touge and grip set up S14. last year i finally got to hit the track for the first time at shannonville a few times and had some fun doing touge battle style racing up against a few friends with s2000s STIs type r and RSK’s and others. the track was rented out for about 20 of us and there was little to no restrictions. yes i already know i’m a rookie a noob at racing i have just started but this is what i want to do with my spare time and this is what i enjoy. it’s a lifestyle. it was great but i could feel and know the car needs alot more work to handle that intense stile racing and a bit more power to keep up with some of those guys. what i am aiming for is a power and hadleing set up similar to the champ s14 and the kei office s15 and i wont be satisfied until the car is at around the same level as them. here is a clip of the same sort of setup i want

S14 sr20 swap set $2200
Koyo rad $350
Blitz fmic kit. $ 650
Samco rad hoses. $ 120
Hks aculater $ 120
Hks ssqv4. $300
Gready rocker arm stop. $80
Tommie engine spark cover $120
New oem valve cover. $250
Oem fan shroud. $ 80
Gready oil plug. $ 20

Suspension
HSD. Coliovers $1400
SPL. rear multi link. $1000
SPL. Tension. Rods $265
SPL. DIFF bushings. $120
Nismo front power brace. $ 325
Nismo r tune rear strut bar. $300
Meagan C piller bar. $ 70
Nismo steering rack bushings $100
Tein iner and outer tie rods. $170
Rebuilt rack and pinion $420
Polyurethane subframe collars $80

Brakes

New rear callipers. $300
Stop tech slotted Rotters rear $220
Stainless steel rear brake lines $65
Hawk hp plus rear pads. $95
Front 300zx callipers. $250
Conversion ss lines. $50
Stop tech slotted Rotters $250
Halk hp plus pads z32. $150
SPL. Brake air deflectors $65

Drivetrain

Drive shaft shop aluminum drive shaft $460
Jdm diff and vlsd. $250
Braided clutch line. $55
New oem clutch master. $100
Hks shift springs $100
Cusco shifter bushing. $30
B&m short shifter $300
Exedy 14 lb fly wheel. $280
Bully stage 5 clutch kit. $820
Drive shaft seal. $50
New oem Nissan clutch pedal $200

Exhaust.
Apexi noir 3 inch catback $650
Meagan 3 inch down pipe. $130
3 inch test pipe. $150
Cs hanger bay bushings. $25

Interior
New oem shifter bezel. $55
Momo drift steering wheel $350
Momo hub. $60
Nismo shift knob. $50
Aem boost gauge. $160
Aem wideban. $220
Viper alarm with pager $550
New rear leather seats. $100

Exterior
Full Jdm kouki front end conversion $1300
Gready stile polyurethane front lip $250
Oem kouki side skirts with end caps $400
Jdm kouki rear bumper with side valences $350
8k hids. $160
Silvia hood emblem $25
Honda s2000 antina. $90
New windshield and new rear glass mouldings $500
apr gtc300 wing used $700

Wheels tires

Volk rays cv pro wheels 17x9 +20 $900

Dunlop derrezia dz101 tires $800
Jdm wheel lugs $60

Fuel/Ecu
Walbro 255 pump. $120

Total so far in parts $21,055

paint job, nighthawk pearl black, all dents door dings gone. body fully restored $3000

the frame and under body of this car needed nothing the original owner had it winter stored every year. it has never seen salt.

swap labor $1300

suspension install and full setup $680

labor for install of everything listed over time est $2000 +

price of car when bought $6000 trust me it was well worth it. even tho it was bone stock the condition of the car was like it was fresh from day 1. over the years stupid people liked to open there door into my car and see how much of a dent they could make. plus stone chips and scratches so it was time for a full paint job and conversion altogether.

• Updated - - -

its true that cars (for the most part) are poor investments… but if it makes you happy roll with it, because what is that smile we all get everyday when we see our prize cars worth? dollarwise?.. play within your comfort zone, gambling isn’t bad, until you spend the grocery/rent monies…

I’m in that same boat as you, but keeping a ledger doesn’t help me… its the fact that in 1997 I was 16, and couldn’t afford the $32G’s for the kouki… but I now have one, and it’ll likely never be for sale,

hopefully, your openness and honesty will be an eye opener for the younger members… shit gets expensive, even if you make compromises

Very true. Hopefully I will never have to sell either. I had an s13 before this and loved it but the body was starting to rust bad and I decided to let it go, it was a hard thing to do but I made sure I had the s14 right away, for a few weeks I had them both parked beside each other, Before i got rid of the s13. It was such a great feeling even tho they did not have much work done and one was stock but it was still cool.

^ this is a good point. If I were to add up all the parts in my car I would have to included a lot of mistakes I’ve made that ended up costing me more in the long run. Jumping to buy used turbo’s, wheel bearings and alike that last for 6 months before blowing and leaving me searching to buy more shit. At least blown turbo’s look cool on a bookshelf

This thread… I haven’t had the chance to update my excel parts file, but I’m cringing at the thought…

It seems like you are paying full retail for everything… Ie: HSD Coils for $1400. That’s pretty steep for a set of HSD’s unless they were bought from HSD themselves. Unless the prices went up? I paid less then $1000 for a full coilover set by Apex’i from Varun.
Car looks good though, wish mine could be even a third of that… lol