my sled took quite the beating this year

i was riding about a month ago on my moms property down in springville, and we had about a foot of fresh powder so i was riding around slowly to try and get our trails packed down, and it was still snowin pretty hard, my visor got fogged up and i drove into a telephone pole cable at about 10mph, fucked up the fronbt bumper and when i flew over the front i cracked the windshield…my fault, should have put that de-fogging shit on my visor. but i bought a new windsheild, and had to tie a chain to the front bumer and the other end around a tree and reversed the sled and pulled the dent out. i got away with a red mark on my mid section from goin into the cable.

the very next day, my moms fiance takes to his cabin with his brother and his sled, while backing into the driveway, the trailer went up a snow bank and the sled came off the trailer and into a tree, dented the other side of the front bumper…really no big deal

and last night my moms fiance was riding the sled back to his cabin from “in town”(centerville) and managed to go into a cable, but it caught his chest, then the sled rammed into a pole. he was lucky and came out of that with bruised ribs, but he can hardly move right now. but the sled is fux0red for now, i gotta try and fix the front bumper tomarrow… ill post pics tomarrow

just be careful out there guys on ur sleds, i learned my lesson with shit last month, and i guess my moms fiance learned his last night. i have been sooooo much more carefull on that thing since my mishap, but im still a n00b

-end rant

you and your extended family suck at teh sled

be careful… i wish i had a sled… hopefully everything can be fixed easily…

post pics of the sleds before and after… what do u ride?

:rolljerk:

97 arctic cat 580 ZR

go buy a new snowmobile!..preferably a new ski-doo…they pay my salery so they more they sell the more i make!

just curious… how much does one make when endorsed by a company? like what do u think disalvo makes? sorry if its a personal question i always wondered… i couldnt imagine getting paid well enough to do something that I LOVED

i wont have that prob because i rarly ride on non marked trails… on the other hand i rode over 100miles on friday with 99ls1vert and 87fox and that shit was awesome!

we did 180 miles on sat and 70 or so on sunday. the 4 guys i was with came away just find, the other guys in the cabin broke 2 cog shafts in 12 hours ( they overtightned the track), siezed a break and had fuel issues with one sled. It makes you feel dam good driving your sled on the trailer at the end of the day when that much stuff is breaking around you.

Man people need to take a course before they ride… I can’t believe how many idiots are getting hurt on these things. Some kid got hit by a truck crossing the street the other day… seriously do you know how easy it is to stop and look before crossing?

Be careful people.

Remember, its just like driving a car, ALWAYS stay to the right, especially going over blind hills. If you arent sure of where you are or what lies ahead, go slowly, be careful.

I know several people that have either been killed, or have spent MONTHS in the hospital because they, or someone else was careless on the trails.

The trails are marked, follow the markings, respect land owners. Realize with all the freezing/melting going on, there is a lot of SHIT in/under the trails. Holes that freeze and become solid ice, or ice that melts and becomes a big ass water hole…

:word: Just be careful and use your common sense and youll be fine. Sometimes shit still happens though no matter how careful you are.

Anyways srt hope you get your piece fixed up quick. :tup: After riding this past weekend with 6 good friends for about 12 hours, I think I have pretty much made up my mind to get a new sled next year, cause its definately a hobby that i will only be getting into more each year. :tup: Ill tell you guys what though, for the 1200 that I spent one my pos mach 1, it was worth every penny, sled runs great, and keeps right up with the new ones, but it sure is a workout to ride. :smiley: Thats ok i plan on keeping my old one even if i do get a new one. :tup: