My SRT6 work in progress

Chrysler Crossfire SRT6, basically a rebadged Mercedes AMG SLK32. They made around 2300 hardtops/650 convertibles in 2005 and around 35 cars in 2006.

Factory forged internals, twin screw supercharger 3.2l V6, RWD

Bought it in Pittsburgh 2 years ago.

Photos/videos are posted in the thread from the day I bought it to present.

04-02-08
Sold the tib last Friday to a guy in Virginia, it was a great car. No matter what I did to it the thing never broke. The new car is a 2005 SRT-6, stock it is about as fast as the Tib was modded. It should be a lot of fun to play with this summer. It is RWD and has a AMG Mercedes supercharged V6, 330hp/330ft/lbs torque (car actually has the same as the SLK Mercedes, 345hp but was underrated. Dyno’s exactly the same though). I bought it from a guy in PA, the car only had 767 miles on it!

I had been looking for something a little different, there were very few of the srt-6’s made and they run/handle great! I had a lot of fun driving it back today, I did not give it too much hell since it is not even broken in yet.

I plan to tint the windows, headlights, tail lights to start, get new wheels, ECU tune, intake, pulley this summer.

Here are a few pics at Bridgeport when we pulled off to grab something to eat. I will post better pics later when I have time.

04-25-08

Made some small changes to the engine bay, removed the cover, scrubbed the “tarnish” off the metal and used some CD2 engine detailer and added a SRT-6 badge to the supercharger.

Before:

After:

I also tinted the headlights and foglights, will add pics of that later.

Performance mods on the way!

04-30-08

7:30pm took off the stock intake, piece of cake.

look at how restrictive, around a 1.5" opening in the fender then about 1" wide near the throttle body lol.

after fighting with the elbow on the throttle body, I got the CAI on.

I bought one of the hydrosheilds for extra protection against water:

Took it for a test drive, floored it and the car fishtails and puts blackmarks a long ways down the road on my $350/each rear tires lol.

When I got home, popped the hood the damn rubber elbow on the throttle body slipped back some. I loosened the clamp, tightened it again then watched it slowly slip back again. Any thoughts? The lip on the throttle body is small so there is not much room to clamp it on. I loosened it up again, tightened it again and it slowly slid back again. Not enough to pop off but I would bet when I go outside in the morning it will be further off again. Do you think I am tightening the clamp too much? I did use a little soap to make the elbow easier to get on the throttle body (it was a bitch) but it should have dried up after I drove it up the road and back and the engine was hot. I will have to check it tomorrow when i get home from work.

05-04-2008

Took a few pics this evening around town:

05-04-2008

05-04-08

05-04-08

Should I paint my windshield trim black and my grille black?

Photochop below:

05-25-08

Just got my car back Friday evening, window trim painted black, grille painted black and it looks great!

A quick photo in the front yard, better pics will be posted when I get time.

and a few pics of me at the track Saturday:

My best run yesterday was a 8.21@86.45mph! The other 2 runs were very similar, trapping 85.75 and 86.something. Pretty good for just an intake and tune!

06-08-08

Got some eyelines on the car, here are 2 quick pics in low light. I will get better photos in a day or so.

Also, now that the ecu has adjusted to the new pulley it runs great! With the traction control off the car fishtails all over the place when you take off lol.

08-07-2008

Wheels finally came in, I ordered a set from tire rack back when I first bought the car in april and they kept pushing the date back. I finally had enough of them and canceled the order and ordered these, Petrol Octane wheels. 19x9.5 for the rear and 18x8 for the front. I am going to have Andrew make me a set of srt6 center caps then I am good to go.

I think they kick some major @ss, I really like them!

08-30-2008

New mods:

Tinted taillights
20% window tint
Magnaflow exhaust/tips
New wheels & custom srt6 center caps
New tires 275/35/19
New liscense plate

Pics taken right after the tint in the mall parking lot lol:

A few pics on the way up ( had to drive the HHR and the gf drove the srt6) by sticking my camera out the window and snapping wildly and got lucky and caught the car in a few frames lol.

And a few on the way back, doing the same thing lol;

04-09-2009

I haven’t updated this in a while, I will catch up with some photos then post new ones in a few weeks.

My goal with this car is to make the most power with the least amount of mods/boost.

Purchased: April 2008

Appearance: Petrol Octane wheels, Tinted (headlights, tail lights, marker lights, fog lights, windows), AMG caliper decals, SRT6 badges, ULOSTLOL tags, Magnaflow muffler (just for sound, no performance gains) installed April 2008 through October 2008

Performance: Code3 pulley, Inmotion tune based off my datalogging of a/f ratio, timing, IAT’s, fuel trims, etc., Needswings intake Installed May 2008 through October 2008.

Traction: MT ET Streets on 16" Voxx cheapo wheels. (April 2009)

Stock track times: 13.43@105.26

Current track times: 12.21@114.21

Both stock run and fastest run were in April/May (2008, 2009) at Pittsburgh Raceway Park with a DA altitude of around 1876ft.

04-09-2009

Datalog files I ran before my final tune, I can not post the tuned results since that would give away data I paid for:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f227/salesimage1/boost.jpg

04-09-2009

Last Dyno: October 2008

343.68whp and 338.13wtq code3 pulley, intake, tune

04-09-2010

October 2008 Photos:

Photos of my car as I have modded it can be found throughout this thread. I have a few plans for the car this summer but will not post up what it is until I have completed them. I do not benchrace or say things about my car unless I have tested it and proven it to be accurate.

05-30-2009

Notice anything?

how about now?

New boost gauge

New tune

05-30-2009

Dyno BEFORE new tune. I gained 1psi of boost and after around 15 datalogs (most on a 90+ degree day) the hotest IAT I see is around 125F.

I was impressed that I actually made more hp with the meth considering how much richer it made it.

All mods installed by me.

I have not went back after the new tune to get a dyno or a track time.

All this was done back in April

It has rained so much here I have not had an oppurtunity to dyno or to take it to the track. I may go next weekend.

05-30-2009

New receiver

Painted the receiver trim silver to match the dash

05-31-2009

10-30-2009