My supercharged 370Z

awesome car. Why did you go with the stillen charger and not the gtm kit?

A few different reasons, the big one being that this kit was listed on the370z.com used for an amazing deal with the 928 motorsports impeller and the 9psi pulley.

I would have loved to get the GTM kit as I really like dealing with GTM as a company but the stage 1 just wasn’t enough power especially when coupled with a full exhaust. The stage 2 was better but still has the exact same power curve and seems to be almost the same exact power as I have now when taking into account GTMs seemingly very high reading dyno.

oh. i think i remember seeing a 350z with the gtm kit making high 400whp with the gtm kit and upgraded pulley from them, with a real tune and not running just the reflash they send with it. The 350z having the hr which would be using basically the same kit and the same charger that they use on their 370z kit, and the 370’s make a slight bit more power obviously. Regardless non of that matters since you got a deal on the stillen kit I would have done the same thing. Nice car man.

The stage 1 GTM kit is totally maxed out on the 370z engine at something like 400WHP on their dyno, add in test pipes to that and the blower can’t keep up and starts to drop boost. The stage 2 is advertised at 500WHP with a larger Rotrex blower on it and honestly I think is a better kit than the Stillen. But the Stillen does have a few things I like as well, like the ease of upgrading the Vortech blower that isn’t even close to its limits and the air to water intercooler also leaves my car looking bone stock other than the wideband mounted to my gauge cluster.

In the end both kits are actually quite different between the different types of blowers, intercoolers and general configuration but they both make almost the same power with the same power curves so it’s based on really what you might prefer. Of course GTM is a way better company to deal with than Stillen, in my experience.

Wow, great stuff bryan!