My Suzuki

500 miles on it and I still love it. My only gripes are that I wish the shifter was more precise, and the fuel economy is pretty weak (22/30, I’m getting 20 with the A/C on). So, here’s some pics (finally):

the car’s bright fucking red… next time I won’t take pictures in the shade:

Congrats on the new purchase. Hopfully you will have good luck with it.

20mpg??? wtf you’d think the benefit of buying a suzuki would be the fuel economy.

it’s an old iron Holden/Vauxhall block with some Asian GM Ecotec head… not exactly cutting edge, but it’s supposed to last hundreds of thousands of miles. I’m thinking about picking up an aluminium Astra turbo engine to build until my warranty ends, but then I bought this car to NOT tear apart… :doh:

Your mileage will go up when the engine starts to wear in more. Expect to see an increase in 3000 to 6000 miles.

my gf was looking at the reno’s for a while, but then she decided that she didnt like it. (she has a 2004 saturn ion now, but its goin thru the lemon law now so she is in the market for a new car)

BTW. your gf has a mini right? how does she like it? any problems with it since she got it?

Every Ion I’ve ever seen was a lemon. I’ve heard countless horror stories about them. My girlfriend’s Mini has probably been in the shop at least as much as your girlfriend’s Ion. I’d recommend a Focus over the Mini.

what did you tell me one time, the Mini was in the shop 16 times or something in 2 years :eek4:

congrats on your car, the gas mileage will go up once the motor breaks in.

I think it was 14 times in 18 months… something like that… It actually hasn’t been in the shop for at least six months now… knock on wood.

:ugh: atleast no one can say you don’t stick to your guns on the cars you like.

everyone keeps saying, “dood… for that much money you coulda bought a used Supra/RX-7/Trans Am/etc…”. i’m sure for $12,600 I could have had one hell of a G-body. And no warranty.

i wanted a daily driver with a huge warranty so i don’t have to worry about car repairs for the next few years while i make the money to buy a house. When I have a house in the 'burbs with a two car garage, I’ll buy another project.

somebody’s all grown up now… awwwww

:rofl:

minus two doors and I’d like it alot more. Congrats on the buy though, glad you like it.

mock me? see if i invite you to my wine tasting/fondue parties!!

nice new car, congrats! now put a GN motor in the metro :bigthumb:

Congrats on the purchase, it looks nice!

will you invite me to the wine/fondue party :x:

i love Suzukis…RMs r sweet. jk. nice car man. good luck w/ it. it def cool to have a car that isnt shitted up from someone before u.

Cops love red cars.

Congrats I guess :beer: