My turbocharged SBC build

any updates? is this thing running? such a nice build.

Nothing really, i have been dragging my feet. it was ready to run a few months ago. and i go to start it and had no oil pressure. found my dizzy wasnt hitting the oil pump shaft. like it was too short. im about to start it up again soon. one more good day on it and should be ready to start.

ZOMGZZZZZZ!!!111

We got it to run last night. Fixed the oil pump problem too, now putting out 60 PSI at [high] idle. Ran it for about 10 minutes to break in the internals, then changed the oil. A bus turbo sounds mean with no exhaust.
Should the timing on a SBC really be at ~28 BTC?

awesome. congrats.

drool

neveruary is right around the corner

cant wait

congrats.

congrats ! !

we need pics & video ! !

good work guys!

karl, you get all your mr2 / mr1.5 headaches ironed out? This is chris btw, matt’s buddy.

sweet, do a ‘no exhaust w/ bus turbo’ video now! i want to hear that thing. wish i was still around to see the startup.

so is that bad boy on the road for the summer??? i enjoyed reading the build

possibly, there is still alot of work to be done, and i cant even get to the car right because my basement is being redone. I am switching to a bigger rad and fan since it was running hotter than i would like it to be at idle. Still have to run brake lines and line lock. i still have a small oil leak at the back of the motor i have to look into, i need a stronger driveshaft, and i need to get a steering shaft and downpipe/exhaust made. Thats whats still needed to be ready to drive so far, and im sure ill run into more snags along the way. i did just get done making some 3.5 charge piping from turbo to carb. Im going to hold off on putting a front mount on it till i see how she runs and what the cooling temps are before i put one on. ill try to get some current pics soon.

:cool: