My Two Day Get-a-way: Review

I am not one to typically write a review about something but my experience over the last two days is something that needs to be shared.

Weds was the 2 year mark for my current relationship. We decided to take two days and get away from work, responsibility, etc.

We decided to take advantage of a program offered by Longfellows called the Romance Package. For a little over $200, we received a 4 course meal, a King Loft room, complimentary bottle of Champagne with chocolates, and a complimentary breakfast. When we arrived the staff was very friendly and showed us right to our room. Now the room, took me by surprise because we had seen pictures but they always seem to make the rooms look nicer/bigger than they actually are. This time, it was the other way around. This was one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in. The loft was gorgeous, the bathroom had a huge Jacuzzi bathtub with a stand-up shower, and the furniture was high-end. Dinner was even better. I can honestly say it was the best service I had ever had. The courses were brought out in a timely manner (as in not to fast) so you had time to enjoy each course and rest before the next. After we finished eating the waiter asked what we wanted for desert. I couldn’t make up mind but I chose the cheesecake. He ended up bringing me one of every desert at no extra charge because I couldn’t make up my mind!! 4 deserts!! Not only that but he also gave us two coupons for two free appetizers the next time we go. I had to re-write the tip for that one.

Either we finished dinner and had a very enjoyable rest of the evening. Then today, we went to a day spa off Exit 9 called Kimberly’s. This place was top notch and I received one of the best massages I had ever had in my life. I can honestly say I had never felt more relaxed in my life. I still feel amazing.

All in all it was a great time and I STRONGLY reccommend using Longfellows for either a nice dinner, or to just get away, and to top it off I had an excellent experience at Kimberly’s for only $70.

Awesome.

That is a fucking deal for $200.

Like literally, fucking deal.

we looked at that place for the wedding. Very nice place to say the least, I saw the rooms your talking about and yeah they are baller. Been there for many events and dinners, A+ place for sure. Glad you had fun.

We went there for our two year anniversary too <3 I definitely love this place, the loft room was awesome, jacuzzi tub was huge, we unfortionatly missed out on breakfast the next morning, but we called when we woke up and they let us check out an hour later than we expected to. The only thing we weren’t crazy about was the food, we both got the prime rib and it was good, but not excellent. I would definitley like to go back and try something else off the menu :slight_smile: Congrats on two years :thumbup

Wow, thanks 99FRC. May suprise the wifey with a getaway very soon. Since we got our house its been hectic.

The whole experience was very refreshing. Took a lot of stress away.

I dunno about everyone else… But when things are hectic, and I wanna get away… Sometimes I just go to a decent hotel and stay the night. It feels like a small vacation, but relieves a lot of stress.

The above deal sounds damn good. May have to do that sometime.

small mini getaway vacations aint that bad i guess

sounds like a good time, i like to go on a roadtrip or flight for vacations tho, this was local right?

Yea Longfellows is off of Exit 14.

been there many times. For dinners, weddings etc. Awesome place, awesome food.

i’ve done this before, very nice time, did you go to the Kimberly’s off exit 7? was it near a nissian dealership?

Yeap

My wife and I just had our rehearsal dinner this past Friday for our wedding that was yesterday. Food was great and so was the service. So I definetly agree with 99FRC great place to take the significant other. On a side note the filet and stuff shrimp they served us was beyond excellent, could cut it with a butter knife.

Just ate at Longfellow’s for dinner Thursday night, always good.

how many weekend getaways do you get for making this thread?
jk
always nice to share good experiences