My Winter Beater

I’ve been through 3 winters with this baby, and I’m ready to let her go.

Name: Mike, I’m in cheektowaga

97 Neon, 90k miles, Auto Tranny, color is baby shit green
Original purchase price was 1000$

Reason For selling: Have a new DD
The good:
It runs and drives, I fired it up an hour ago (6pm) and it turned right over and fired.
The tranny shifted smooth when I put it away and the buyer can give it a test ride.
Glass is good, interior is ok.
It’s got newer tires (one is 100% cause i got a flat)
It’s got heat
It’s got new fluids (changed em at valvofuck nut when I could, oil is up soon though, will come with oil for buyer to use)
It didn’t overheat standing still in my garage
The e-brake actually works! Snow donuts!!!
No CEL now, but it flickers once in a while for the rear O2 sensor, if you catch it at the right time, it will pass NYS emissions

The bad:
It comes with a custom super shitty exhaust
It comes with a custom super shitty sound system (one speaker)
It needs a head light bulb, i stole it and put it in my other neon LOL
I don’t think the defroster works
The horn doesn’t work
It doesn’t have an EGR valve
It doesn’t have a CAT
It doesn’t have a downstream O2 sensor
It needs a strut (blown)
It leaks water sometimes in the driver side rear foot well
It leaks oil here and there

It looks like a train hit it, then a bigger train hit the original train which then fell back over on top of the car, pictures do not do it justice, it’s much uglier in person

The weird:
The car came with strut tower braces
It has a weird oil/air separator
Has CAI (i put a new filter on)

Stuff I do not know about: I got the car with 70k miles, I have NO IDEA if the headgasket/timingbelt/Water pump was ever done.

You will have to find a way to have it inspected.

The car is sold as is, I do not promise that it will run forever, I can promise that I maintained it in the 3 winters that I had it, and I am super happy to answer any questions you may have.

In the 3 winters I’ve had it, i gave it a tuneup and changed fluids, and tires.

800$

Any questions, PM me, if you know me, call me.

PIX:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19041[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19043[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19042[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19044[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19045[/ATTACH]

:tup: LMAO

Someone elses turn to run a train on it.

All it really needs is 5 gallons of gas and a match. Defroster might be nice on a winter car.

i went all 3 without it =p

bump, will let go for pretty much anything, just want to see it be driven rather than smashed

If you still have it Friday I’ll be in touch.

Bump for a cool dude. GLWS

ill have it at most until the end of the month, i really really want it gone to someone who needs it, no reason a good runnin ugly car needs to get compacted

You say it looks like it got hit by a train, but the pictures don’t show any damage. Can you post some of of the car in it’s entirety, so people can see how bad it really is?

Driver fender and passenger fender and door look beat up. Great deal, love the exhaust haha.

ehh i exaggerated, but what you see is the most of it

The problem is only one pictures shows any damage at all, and in that picture, it just looks like 2 scrapes on the front fender. Is there other damage?

yeah quarter panel on driver side is dented, fenders are both banged up, doors are scraped up

i wouldnt recommend doing body work if someone buys it, strictly to drive

its going to be scrapped friday if no one wants it