NAS- Hip Hop is Dead

Nas’s career is extremely hit or miss to be one of the best in my eyes.

Whoever mentioned Jay-Z up there, stop buying into hype, pretty please?

Fucking Weezy is better then Jay these days.

except the whole kissing other guys thing

ps my link didnt work any working links

Hey Espo,

Thanks man.

:tup:

Appreciate it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vrzy4Bp_k2Y

nice link, thanks

Qouted For Truth

you think it could be due in part that he might be making music since he enjoys doing it

not like most people in the “scene” today that are just in it for money

no doubt i think nas is one of the best mc’s, his rhymes(not all) make you think and actually have meaning behind them, there educated lyrics

uhm…what?

haha

i enjoy lots of things, however, despite my outstanding performance in whatever activities that might entail doesn’t necessarily imply that i market videos of it

<— (talking about weaving baskets. obviously.)

cliffs: new jay-z blows ass

anyone have a working link?

I have the Jay-Z + Nas ( new worlds order ) it is… ok

Good point :tup:

for the record, the last jay-z album was shit.

thanks j_espo1 for hosting this file. i DL’d it and have listened to a couple tracks that i’ve really enjoyed.

The Black album or his “return” record, i guess it doesn’t matter since they both were less than desirable.

What happend to real Hip Hop/ Rap music when MC’s had to really have and show skills. Now all you need is one “hot single” to grab ppl with, which includes that catchy beat, have hiphop whores in your videos and talk about all the cars and chains you have.

Biggest jokes and disgraces right now, Young Jeezy & Young Joc.
Even ppl that actaully were good back in the day seem to have fallen off, such as Snoop, DMX.

What happend to real groups that had an MC and used turn tables?
Blahzay Blahzay
Masta Ace
Main Source
KMD
EPMD
Group Home
GangStarr

1. while Jeezy isnt even close to top 50, his new album does have some nice tracks. listen to “3 am” for example. young joc is a f’n clown
  2. did you even hear the new Snoop album? shit is hot.

on the cd you listed theres 16 tracks, and the new cd only has 14

1. Don’t Hate Me Now
  2. QB Tru G’S
  3. Black Republican
  4. Where Y’all at
  5. Play on Playa
  6. Still Dreaming
  7. White Man’s Paper
  8. Blunt Ashes
  9. Hip Hop Is Dead
  10. Where Are They Now
  11. Let There Be Light
  12. Not Going Back
  13. An’t Forget About You
  14. Hold Down the Block

i dunno if thats actually from the cd or what

but none the less hustlers from the cd you posted is fucking sickkkkkkk

i was specifically referring to his return album, kingdom come. i’ve always really liked jay-z, but kingdom come was filler. black album alright i guess. i was mostly indifferent about it. if anything, i enjoyed danger mouse’s grey album more. black republican with jay-z is better than anything i’ve heard from hova in awhile.

your other groups you mentioned i haven’t listned to…except for gangstarr. i’m not that into rap. more of a metal/hardcore guy. i do like some hip hop though. like aesop rock, atmosphere, sage, etc. that’s what i more like to listen to.

from what i’ve heard so far, the new nas album is sick. i’m loving it. who killed it is freakin awesome.

The first single was enough to turn me away.

Funny you should mention it… IMO, Hip Hop was dead as soon as Nas became popular. I never understood why people like him so much.

EDIT… looks like I’m not the only one who thinks he is overrated…

I never said other rappers didn’t fault like that too, I was just bringing up the point that lyrically, NAS really isn’t all there, all the time.

By todays standards and looking at the hot singles list, i would not consider Nas to be very “popular”, nor is he underground either, but by no means do i see him everywhere nor hear his songs being played.