National Fuel Rebates

Exhaust doesn’t get that hot that’s why it uses PVC, It’ll need a condensate drain line too I’d imagine.

I was wondering where you were getting that $300 figure for the piping from. Yes, the one is the vent, the other is external combustion air. I have my external combustion air sucking from right inside the basement. A good friend of mine who does a ton of HVAC and plumbing says in the spring all he gets is calls saying “my tankless you installed isn’t working.” Drives out there and the intake is plugged with leaves and all the other stuff from windy days. So now he just leaves that inside. I got my Navien from VP Supply on William Street and Harlem by the bridge that goes over Broadway, or where you can take the little street to Broadway.

Exactly. I forgot the drain line when we fired it up for the first time. I was really surprised at how much it produces.

The rheems at home depot still require the expensive ass vent piping.

This heater’s direct-vent design requires category III stainless steel venting (purchased separately).

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/203163870/c1u0?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051&N=5yc1vZc1u0&R=203163870

I’ll hook up the external combustion air. High efficiency furnaces are the same way, though they obviously run more than HWT’s. You don’t want to suck air out of the house that you already paid to heat.

Anyhow, thanks for the info guys. Between the PVC venting and some rebates I’ve found if I have Arrow Enterprises do the install it might make it worthwhile.

EDIT: never mind it should be fine sucking in the air from indoors as long as it get adequate supply, otherwise you’d get carbon build up from incomplete burning of fuel.