National Guard People

boys??? :picard:

yes i love little boys

just clarifying :wink:

See this is what is freaky too.

http://www.dmna.state.ny.us/

Cover page is a soldier in had served in the Army National Guard’s 1st Battalion, 69th Infantry Regiment who died serving combat duty?

LOL bro, if you have no intent to SERVE and actually have a possibility of going to combat please DO NOT enlist. PEOPLE DIE fighting in combat…people that are in the united states military. Can you really say what you are trying to get out of this? There were TONS of national guard guys when I was deployed.

Army gets deployed.

Air National Guard… rarely

Honestly, read through my last 20 posts in this thread.

I saw the national guard and everything they advertise was that they give back to the domestic side of the country in times of disasters, terrorism, etc. I really enjoyed that and was interested in more information about how it works and what the real catch is from people who actually served in the national guard.

The sign up bonus to go through basic and commit to a certain amount of time and help out inside the country as a job was appealing but like I keep saying, they come across as a domestic support only and wanted to find out people who are actually involved in this.

Friend of mine signed up in the Army National Guard thinking nothing would come of it and would make a few bucks doing nothing and sure enough (just as Dan said about the ANG) he got deployed to Iraq for like 12 months.

I can tell you I am 100% positive that Army National Guard deploys. So if that is not what you want then you could consider something like what ILC is in. I did read your posts…Walter covered it.

neither … just offering to help you out

OMG i didn’t know … he was in my company in afghanistan… he only go shot in the arm … a bad shot … but … fuck me i loved this kid …

Same thing happened to my friend. They just told him one day, “you’re in the army now” and then he was off to Iraq. Fortunately his time was up a month before they were going to send his unit over for a second tour.

[sarcasm]Damn he got RIPPED! you know joining the military and then having to deploy. Fuck that noise! [/sarcasm]

He never complained about it and had always known that it could happen. I was just pointing out that the National Guard is the army and there is a good chance you will be deployed somewhere with a lot of sand.

The National Guard of the United States is a reserve military force composed of state National Guard militia members or units under federally recognized active or inactive armed force service for the United States

Its not just the ARMY

you’re both right… it’s actually the United States Army National Guard if you want to get technical.

Just going by what wiki says … I don’t see United States Army National Guard.

Also the National Guard Bureau Commander is Air force :slight_smile:

the seal might say something about it :wink:

I could scan some of the many pounds of paper work i have here.

here is a better technical explanation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_National_Guard

wiki isn’t always dead on.

All in all the USARNG(United States Army National Guard) get’s called up more often because they have combat arms MOSs (military occupational specialty). The USAR( United States Army Reserve) is not allowed to have combat MOSs and are all support.
Honestly i don’t know much about the Air Guard. I’ve never worked with them and have never seen them over seas. The closest i’ve come is them laughing at us as they do their “deployment” state side on an airforce base. You’ll forgive me if i’m a little biased toward them not to mention jealous. :slight_smile:

EDIT:
To sum it up if you want to join and not give back to much. Go Air guard! You’re treated better. Better deployments. Mobility isn’t as good as combat arms but still not bad MOS depending. Just as good of pay as everyone else.

I’m not fighting. I just don’t wanna be stuck under the ARMY :barf:

from the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_National_Guard

If federally recognized, the member or unit becomes part of the Army National Guard of the United States [4][5][6], which is a reserve component of the United States Army [4], and part of the National Guard of the United States [4].

but it seems as if the ANG and the ARNG are under the National guard of the United states… the ANG isn’t under the ARNG

hahaha and our deployments really are paid drunken vacations lol …

My bad then I though you meant it as a surprise haha I have seen it all too many times. I am active duty and I even see it here and it baffles me every time.