need a downpipe welded! help :)

bump

check out scruggs auto on transit.
Larry there has been making tons of them lately
He really knows his shit.

PM me if you would like a phone number for contact

Are they further down transit by like amherst, or towards elma/hamburg

How can i find out if it’s stainless or not? It all looks like metal to me lol. My mild exhaust seemed rougher, this is a smoother type of metal

PMed

i got a kit who welds ss for a living, hell do it for super cheap… and hes very very good at what he does…hes in hamburg/eden/boston area, hes gotta do my downpipe too…

this is a pic of my dp if it helps

i’d prob be looking to do this maybe the end of this week or next week or something, it’s not like i need it done in an hour lol

He’s at Innovative now. His work is awesome. He did my IC piping and dump tube. Top notch stuff.

talk to DeviousTSI as well. I know he can do it.

really you turbo’d you car?

oh and muffler man will do it right to your stock exhaust if you need them to.

So uh, I’m not 100% with the whole exhaust terminology.
but, you just want a foot and a half of piping added on to the end of that?

I’m just trying to get an idea of what you wanted done.

I’m AWS 1.1/1.2 certified plus the ASME Certifications my work gives.

Do you know if the part is magnetic?
Generally the exhaust SS piping is non magnetic (usually 304 SS from what i’ve seen), and the carbon steel will be magnetic.
and I’m going to assume it’s not aluminum, because you’d be able to tell if it is or not rather easily since it’s so light… and from the discolorations i assume not.

yea it was cut right before the cat convertor, so it would be the length of the cat maybe? it might even be less than a foot

i actually have another stainless 3" downpipe (that no one will ever buy :frowning: ) that i could probably just use that and cut it where it needs to be and weld it to this downpipe

i know for a fact that the other one is stainless, ill try the magnet thing tomorow