Where to buy on sunday: SS mig welding wire

need to weld in a new SS flex pipe on the wifes downpipe… just checked my mig and i have mild steel wire in there…

anybody know where i can find some SS wire on sunday??

or can i just weld it with the mild wire? ITs going to be slipped over the base… so its not a “structural weld” just needs to prevent leaks.

the downpipe is 304ss and so is the flex pipe

Its Saturday

what size wire?

Harbor Freight?

I’m pretty sure I got some at lowes a while back when I was in a pinch. It was overpriced but I needed it when hauns(welding supply) was closed.

you can use mild but i have a 10lb spool of SS you can borrow. didnt you just buy a tig?

Sold the tig when I bought the m5, no project for it now…

I need .025

I’ll try HD and lowes tommorow.

Yeah HD has mig wire

purge that shit otherwise you’ll sugar and stallagtite the inside of that like a motha.
although since it’s prob not for performance, prob don’t give a hoot.

tractor supply has some too i think as well.

i can tig it if you’re desssperrateeee.
i have some 309 here.

annnnddd yes you could weld it with er70s6 or something similar.
wouldn’t be great… but it would hold.
wouldn’t be great at all…

But considering exhaust shops weld ss with it, I assume it has to hold together decently.
(I didn’t have a lift, so monroe through a bunch of boogersnastyfuckingcattypillooortacks on my borla LM exhaust back over the summer… I was like fuck you, coulda spit on it and have it hold as good if i wanted to go that method)

They both do not have SS nor does Harbor Freight. I have been meaning to pick some up and I look each time I am in a hardware store. They all tell me I need to go to a welding supply shop.

there is not going to be any inside welding… its a slip over flex pipe… that will slip ~ 1 in over the existing DP… so m just welding the “flange” SS to SS overlap… no big deal

Ah.
Figured it was a pipe->pipe kinda deal.

just use er70s or whatever the fuck ya got and call it a day.
just make sure you get good fusion on the toes and it would be fine.
crank up your machines volts if you have to just to be on the safe side.