Need a new BMW key - Who works there or can help

z3 Key fob is junk and need a new one. who can help

thanks guys

Need to go directly to their parts department with proof of ownership and ID.

Right but I was hoping for a nyspeed hookup.

did dakota try replacing the battery?

I had to do that in the benz.

Andy Ucci always took good care of me there. He is really down to earth and will help ya out

Screen name of Andy? Or pm me his cell?

Andy isn’t on here. He’s the guy at the customer parts counter at Towne. Good guy. Don’t know if it will help, but feel free to tell him Jason sent you. Direct line to parts is 505-2105

Exactly

ask for a BMW CCA discount? I cant remember but I know even with my uncles account there we dont get much money off keys. I can email the dealer i get parts from in PA but im not sure they can ship keys.

No dealer will ship keys. Definitely need to be there in person with proof of ownership, and ID

ive seen guys buying blank keys on ebay and having them cut/programed to save some cash on the forums. alot of the preface e46 guys were doing it to have the “diamond” style key for their car. not sure if that would help save some cash for the z3?

I needed one of those little plastic wallet/valet keys since my 540i only came with 1 diamond key. Paid $52 for it, but the turnaround was something like a day. I had to show ID and registration. The parts guy (forget the name) told me they actually send your VIN and key type request to somewhere in North or South Carolina, where the key is cut based on the key tooth profile for your specific car in the system. I thought that was kind of cool.

What’s wrong with the key fob…?

I have fixed numerous ones over the years; GM, Ford, Toyota, VW…but not a BMW (yet). Usually the battery clamp “breaks.” I can re-attach it.

Yup, huge problem with GM fobs lol. I replaced many of them at the dealership, but it’s super easy to re-solder the battery terminals/clamp