Need a new roof on my house...

WHo knows a good reliable roofer or roofing company in or near the Lancaster area?

American Custom Exteriors and Interiors. Ill get a number for ya, They are based in Roc but do work out there.

PM wnystxguy. I never actually got the chance to meet up with him, but he works for a building restoration company and was willing to come and show me how to defuck my garage just to be a nice guy. :tup: If it’s not up his alley he’ll probably know where to point you. I think he lives out Lancaster way too.

LOL, ok he actually lives up the street from me.

anyone else?

Save money and get a few guys on here to help ya with it. Or do ya need a Total tear off? Because you can go 3 layers thick if ya wanna be cheap about it

Tri-town construction did mine last October. Took a day or 2 extra than they thought but that’s because there was 4 layers to remove and a bunch of deck work to repair.

They did a good god, and were very competative on the lower end of the 8 estimates I got (ranging from $5K - $25K); His quote started at ~$8K and ended up being $9K.

get a few friends together and do it yourself.

fuck that, im a bitch with heights and i got a 2 story with retarded peaks. plus it has 2 roofs on it and need to be torn off. I had an estimate of 4500 so far and have no idea if thats a good or bad price.

How big is the roof? Sounds like a pretty good price to me

That is a very good price…I dont know a ton about residential but as far as the price goes depending on the square footage that sounds very resonable especially with a tear off. If you know the square footage call a home depot or a B&L supply and check prices on the shingles and that way you can see about what the labor rate they are charging is.

I know the owners of Collingwood Construction. I can put you in touch with them if you’re interested. Not sure if there is a deal in it, but I know they do good work.

2 layers is max for most building codes i’m aware of.

that does not seem to stop people from putting 3 or 4 on.

i too need a roof, but cant afford to pay someone.
i’ll have to make friends some day so that i can abuse them :slight_smile:

Just make sure you get the singles put on the roof, they will come with a skyjacker and put all the tiles up there for an extra $40. It is so worth it.

And rent a couple nail guns, speeds up the process a lot

make sure you check into your attics ventilation too.

roof ridge vents are the latest thing.

:word: Something like a 6 foot wide rubber ice dam from the eaves up too. :gotme: