Need advice. Installing Coilovers on my 240

I picked up a set of Tanabe coilovers off of here not to long ago and was installing them today. As I was installing them I noticed they were significantly lower then the stock struts. I loosened the nut at the top of the tower and extended it as much as possible. I then went to bolt up everything and had to jack the knuckle up pretty high, just to be able to thread the nuts at the top of the tower. It seemed that I jacked the knuckle up as high as it could go and it began to lift the car off the jacks. There is also a 2 inch gap between the top of the spring and the bushing under the strut tower. Everything is bolted up, just wondering if this is normal and if anyone else has had a similar experience.

yeah it’s normal the stock suspension is a lot taller than coilovers. i have to put a jack underneath the lower arm for it to reach where the two bolts go through.
Hope that helps!,
Alex

i had to push them up, didnt need a jack though, mine where adjusted by my buddy whos car they where on so i didnt have to. Thanks Josh B!