Shock install,need some help!

I’m switching the coilovers out and putting the stockers in.

I got the rears in fine but I ran into a problem in the front.

The oem shocks are alot taller than the coilovers and they don’t fit,the lower control arm sits much too high.

Is there a trick to getting them in? Remove lower control arm? Spring crompressor?

also,does anyone know the exact bolt size of the lower rear shock,the main one

i’m gonna need a replacement

just push the control arm down it might take a bit but it will go.

i tried tying rope around my foot and anchoring it to the contol arm and stepping down but its about 2-3 inches off still

this was with both front wheels off the ground,is it easier with just one side off the ground?

Take the factory jack and squeeze it in there there crank the jack stand up and that should hopefully bring it down enough for you.

Get the entire front of the car off the ground. I suspect you can’t get the stock shocks back in because the sway bar is keeping the LCA from dropping enough.

I think he’s Binderdundat

Hmmm… you sir are right. I should have read the whole post. :E

Because Coilover have a certain pre-load. you need to jack both sides of the front of the car off the ground. remove both coilovers and then try to install your stock suspension.

there is no where to place a jack in the front

but i’ll try taking both coilovers out first and then see how it goes

any other tips?

k thanks

i took both wheels off the ground and put a jack betwwen the sway bar links and part of the chassis,a jack point i never though of before