Need advice (Job)

Well seeing the economy sucks and I highly doubt derrick is going to call me back im trying to find a new job. I currently graduated in may with my bachelors in criminal justice which im trying to find a job with customs/border/… but as everyone knows it takes a while to land a job because of the background and what not, plus i havent heard much from customs and the other places i have taken exams.

So I have been unemployed since ive been laid off but now seeing I dont have school anymore i realized I can work a full time job, Im just trying to figure out what to do. I have three years of experience at derrick doing assembly,some electrical and welding. Does anyone know of any places hiring or something that i can possibly do. I need to make at least 10 dollars an hour or more and Im pretty flexible with my schedule.

pm’d

Lasertron pays well and I couldnt think of any job more fun than that.

I’m waiting for the BPA as well, sucks because I’ve talked to guys who take an exam in June and dont actually go to the academy until a year or so later. I’m currently looking outta state as well but good luck its all just a giant waiting game.

On the plus side though, I hear customs are doing a mass hiring this year, like 18,000 new agents or something. That number could include other federal jobs as well though.

im hoping for customs, i kinda got dicked around with border patrol

ehh , that would be a pretty fun job, it would just have to be full time so i can pay all these bills that keep adding up

GEICO is hiring. 30K a year ($14/hr)… With the criminal justice background you could probably move up into a supervising position pretty fast.

good luck with border patrol if you applied for the buffalo sector, cutoff score is currently a 95 and about a 8 month-2 year-never wait after your exam.

hmm i just dont know if i can sit for 8 hours a day…im a very hands on ,have to be moving kind of person.

ya i knew i wouldnt be here, i was hoping but my gf has family in texas so moving some where down south wouldnt be a problem

i’m currently at FLETC in New Mexico, I’m going to be stationed in Colville,WA when I graduate here ( after my 10 months in Yuma,AZ which is mandatory)

PM me if you have any questions