need advice on break-in period

new rear end from strange. came with instructions to drive for 50 miles, let cool, for 1/2 hr. repeat for 250 miles. no harsh acceleration for first 1000 miles. then change gear oil. dosent this sound a touch extreme? i have no problem driving it gently and letting a cool a few times. but 1000 miles!!!

Yes this is very critcal because the rearend could start to overheat on you. If this was strickly a track car this would not be important but since your going to be running it on the street too I’d opt to break it in according to the instructions.

Probably to heat cycle the gearset.

sounds like they just randomly came up with some bullshit just to spite the customer. i say do what you feel and show them who the boss is

Who cares what they think they only designed the product!!!

Bolt on the slicks -> Straight to the track -> Burn out -> stall to 6000

lol :word:

I say start up your car and fuckin do a smoky heater and top end run and get it on vid and send it to em, thatll show em! :headbang::bloated:

FUCKING RIGHT LETS DO IT RIGHT NOW OP!

FUCKIN HELL YEAH ILL PICK YOU UP IN THE IROC IN 30 MIN WELL RUN TO MIGHTY GET A COUPLE SUPER MIGHTY PACKS AND A 30 PACK OF PABST BLUE RIBBON AND LETS GET OUT THERE AND FUCKIN DO IT

When I had gears done in my Hawk, I was told to take it easy for 300 miles and thats what I did.

FUCKING RIGHT BRO, DUDE WE’LL BEAT SOME FAG ASS ON THE WAY GOD THAT BITCH IS HOT FUCK I DONT NEED A CONDOM IM NOT CALLIN HER ANYWAYS. FUCK LETS RACE THESE SHITS

I"M GONNA GO RAPE EVERYONE I SEE IN A FIVE MILE RADIUS WITH A BEER HAT ON

id cruise for half hour let it cool and repeat a few times change lube and put synthetic in after 500 miles

i followed thier instructions for the most part, besides a couple burnouts