Need Advice on Buying Talon Tsi

For $1500 the car would probably rust away before the engine could go in.

lol 1.5k 240, find me one that isnt bagged to shit, or is missing everything possible on it, ive always wanted a 240, but theres no good condition 240 selling for cheap anymore, damn you Fast and Furious!!!

I just need a car, someone find me a car.

Have u checked thru autotrader.ca yet? I’m sure you could easily find a 1.5g decent something.

Not a decent 240 for 1500. :lol: Even the 4k ones are pretty rough.

yeah… tough to find one with a good body. you could bring one in from Cali or something it would probably have no rust.

You can’t bring in S13’s from the US because of the auto seatbelts. You can bring in the 'verts though. Some Quebecer on NICO brought in a 'vert.

[quote]You won’t find much love for DSMs on this board… or any other board thats NOT for DSMs, haha. If you want something fast, yet reliable, pick up a turbo nissan or honda.

hey jeff even with ur turbo ur crx is still slow. sure it makes alot of noise but its still not doing anything
lol jk :finga:

i agree with this guy

Hahahah, gas mileage doesn’t change as the needle drops. LOL It’s the calibration of the guage. Ever notice how most cars when filled up, sit at full for 100kms? Then slowly goes down, and drops like a stone after half? That’s the way manufacturers calibrate the guage to work. Car and Driver had an article a few years back where people were complaining about a certain GM car and it having shitty mileage. They changed the fuel guage calibration and complaints went away. The cars still used the same amount of gas, but people are so dumb they think it gets better mileage this way.

uhh,exept for that beautiful aroma of gasoline… that happens when the gas guage hits 1/2 tank, and stays till i refill it.dink

hondas are fast? :lol:

turbo hondas might be… but they’re less reliable than a beat up dsm

someone lock this thread

my friend just sold his 240 for 1.5G and it was in amazing shape. It was hicas with skirts. Had small rust but far from POS. Its gone as of yesterday. They some up everynow and then. You just got to look.

damnit, why couldnt u tell me about that, i would’ve scooped it up, lol.

if you want, im selling my black 1990 talon tsi awd 5spd

EVOIII 16g turbo upgrade (flows just as much air as the GT28RS turbo, and spools just as fast)
660CC denso injectors
M-R 3" downpip
M-R 3" Catback
Upper intercooler piping
HKS SSQV
SAFCII
has been tuned by the guys from autodream
Balance shafts removed (#1 engine killer for the 1g dsm’s)

new timming belt
new water pump
new alternator
new tires
new clutch

Compustar 2wfm8000-as

hasnt seen the race track. it boost to 15psi just under 3000rpm without a boost controller. i’ve owned this car for about 5-6 years, no major mechanical issues, just wear and tears that most old vehicles see.

cars awsome in the winter, no rust under the car at all!!! just a little bit of rust near the gas cap

will let this go for $4000 obo