should i buy this car?

well, i’m goin to look at a car tomorow. It’s a 1991 eagle talon tsi awd, 5 spd., with 85k on it. It has never been modded, not even a boost controller in it. I’m just a little bit worried about reliability issues :doh: , but I know few people who know their stuff when it comes to dsm’s. So what does everyone think?

Price? That’ll be a big determining factor. The DSM guys will chime in and tell you more specific trouble spots to look for, but take it for a drive and pay close attention to the tranny.

-TJ

i think its a horrible idea

shut the fuck up, noob.

w3rd.

There’s a '91 GSX 5spd out here for stupid cheap I’ve been looking at. As long as you know what you’re getting into there’s nothing wrong w/ the idea.

-TJ

get it if u have a AAA towing card!!! :hs:

It’s $2700 obo i believe. i think i’m gonna go take a look at it today, so who knows.

sounds like a good deal make sure the tranny shifts fine and get a aaa + membership

:bowrofl:

i think its a horrible idea

lol. you’re just sayin that cuase you want to buy it. :finger:

guilty

Find out if the timing belt has ever been changed. If not its way past due. As for the miles and price seems like a good deal

already gave u my opinion

make sure you have an extra $2700 handy when all the parts start breaking…

:hs: u kno how i feel about DSM’s

If you want Honda reliability, don’t buy it.

If you want to build a fast car, buy it.

Thats the thing. I’ve been spoiled for the last 7 months with honda reliablity. Before that, i had a probe, and it was a nightmare. Nearly $3k in repairs in 1 1/2 years. I can’t really see a dsm being worse than that though.

just keep the oil filter tight and ypu’ll be fine

get one of these if you buy it. btw dont buy it

he didnt buy it he went to look and it had more miles than listed and the engine was dirty i guess