need for speed underground

played it all night till this morning. the game itself is way to fast moving. Its very hard not to screw up. the handling of the car isn’t as real as it could/should be. wrecks are still arcade like, i was hoping to see ground effects everywhere. The intro film gets you all pumped up with the under hood shot but its not in the game. My car right now is a civic, i just added a turbonetics turbo. thats another thing. i’m tired of games where you have to unlock rewards. i can see winning races to save up but unlocking parts sucks ass. The knockout race is the worst, it took me 1 hr to beat this one race. if you are last on any lap you are knocked out and with traffic its easy to get jacked up. Drag mode is great, when i played it at the store last week, i didn’t know where the shift buttons were and over reved my engine. I guess to make a game they have to appeal to everyone and not just car purest. I would love to see a game where the emphasis was much more on building/maintaining/ rebuilding your engine and car. But i have to say this is one of the best racing games that i’ve played. i’d give it a B.

NEED.FOR.SPEED.UNDERGROUND-DEViANCE

I played it and uninstalled it within an hour. :hs:

PC > XBOX > PS2

i bought it i thought it was gonna be way better, unlocking parts sux and is fuckin gay, when u buy stuff it just gives u a choice of 3 packages with 4 brand names in it so if u pick the 3rd or the 1st one it makes no difference overall the game is pretty good but i thought it was gonna be way better from the demo. id give it a 7.5

ps2 cheats; all drag tracks=right,square,left,r1,square,l1,l2,r2 … get free parts=x,x,triangle,x … unlimited nos=x, circle,triangle, triangle,x,x,circle …the rest on—http:// codes.ign.com

so far i have a riced out civic with a turbonetic charger and Nitrous Express. i dig the nos activation sounds and the BOV in shifts

Originally posted by h22hatch
i bought it i thought it was gonna be way better, unlocking parts sux and is fuckin gay, when u buy stuff it just gives u a choice of 3 packages with 4 brand names in it so if u pick the 3rd or the 1st one it makes no difference overall the game is pretty good but i thought it was gonna be way better from the demo. id give it a 7.5

very similar to Auto Modelista…

Originally posted by Cutty
My car right now is a civic, i just added a turbonetics turbo.

ahhh the truth comes out, behind locked doors cutty races a turbo civic.:smiley:

so how does everyone like the game? im thinkin about picking it up tomorrow…dunno, i need a new racing game

Originally posted by thefranchise
i dig the nos activation sounds and the BOV in shifts

:ricer: :hs:

Originally posted by turbovw18
:ricer: :hs:
does it do FLY BYS!!!:wink:

Originally posted by Pewterss
does it do FLY BYS!!!:wink:

in auto modelista, the top button on the ps2 controller is 4-ways!! IBRIC3RFLYBY0WNSYOU :greddy2:

Originally posted by gearhead
in auto modelista, the top button on the ps2 controller is 4-ways!! IBRIC3RFLYBY0WNSYOU :greddy2:
i new that u would know how!!!:smiley:

tokyo xtreme racer 3 > NFS underground
and its a lot cheaper…its decent game especially for $20

i have Tokyo Xtreme racer 2, great game, but im not buying anymore car games until Gran Turismo 4

Originally posted by BlkP42E
i have Tokyo Xtreme racer 2, great game, but im not buying anymore car games until Gran Turismo 4

I had 2 also…and if you liked 2…3 is even better

better graphics…lisenced cars, they added something like 200 more miles of road, also added rain (have to switch tires when raining so you don’t hydroplane with the High performance tires)
better mods…and more tuning options similar to GranTurismo like adjusting suspension tranny, downforce, boost, etc…
buying wheels & tires is nice too…when you buy new wheels you can swap back and forth and Plus size them (+1,+2) so the bigger wheel weights more, but the lower profile tire handles better…also you can run different wheels & tires on the front and back…so for the ricers…you can run 15" steelies up front, and 17’s in the back;)

some other new stuff is engine wear…if you run too high of boost your engine deteriorates quicker…screen shows water & oil temp along with the Speedo, tach & boost gauge(turbo cars) while driving…so when the temps start to go up, you have to go back to the garage.

once you get past a certian milage with a car you can do engine swaps.

also all the body parts/kits you can get in urathane or carbon fiber for weight saving & you can get roll cages etc…

Lot of new stuff

From what i read about it before buying…Genki decided that since it wasn’t a totally new game, just an expanded version of 2 that they would have the price at $19.99…plus it makes it competitive in the market since everyone is force feed NFS undergrond & midnight racing clubII through TV ads etc…

Persoanlly i think its one of the best driving games out…
Gran Turismo is still king…but i think this is better them most of the other stuff out there.

hmmm. maybe ill head out to best buy and pick that up then. you have me sold on the 15" steelies in the front and the 17"'s in the rear

I’m not sure for all cars…but i started out with a 1995 240sx which came with steelies
so i could have had new wheels on the back with the steelies up front.

…I haven’t see steelies for sale…unless you can unlock different wheels or there are different wheels for different car
but you can rock the stock wheels on the front with aftermarkets (upsized +2) on the back

they don’t tell you sizes…i was just assuming my 240 came with 15’s and if i +2 it would be 17’s

I’m rocking 16’s(+1) right now on all 4 corners

im downloading GT4 as we speak… 1500mb! :nuts:

Originally posted by gearhead
im downloading GT4 as we speak… 1500mb! :nuts:

Hook me up w/ the site or address!!!1