Need help/advice with purchasing a new car

no i see your point. im in a precarious position with my aspirations of med school come fall (im still waiting on replies, hence my uncertanty of the upcomming 12 months). I dont want to saddle myself with a massive payment/finance option, so i think that right there limits me to an under 12k car, even supposing i drop 6k on a down payment. I have financed 6500 thru ESL at 8% for 60mos with payments at 133.39/mo but i paid it off in 2.5 years by hammering the principle with each payment. The 133.39 was a saftey payment while i was in college, but im full time now while i wait for school so its a little easier. I would finance less (though at a higher rate im sure, i have to investigate tomorrow) with a slightly higher payment and shorter term.

I think im safe because i dont drive much over the summer (im going to be biking to work in prep for a triathalon im doing), so milage will be low, and Im under the impression that Acura and Honda are very similar in their reliability standards (though please correct me if im wrong).

I’ve spoiled myself with little bits of luxury when i had the max (every GLE option on the SE), my BMW, and speed with my Talon (kinda haha). This car hits on alot of the things i like/want, but like i said… sticky situation.

IF i can talk them to 10 (which shouldnt be too hard. NADA is 10625 and similar cars are priced lower with similar milage AND im paying cash upfront… then again im new to this and nieve) I would put 5000-6000 upfront and get an Auto loan thru ESL for 4000-5000, then stick 1000 or so in a sep bank out as a ‘repair slush fund’, a just incase if you will.

I do have a question: just how similar are parts between Acura and Honda? Do they share much the same parts? Or will I be paying a premium over the cost of Honda items?