Need HELP installing a game?!?

So i finally picked up NFS Most Wanted…and i’ve heard good things, so i’m pretty excited…

i put in disc one, as instructed to do so by the booklet…

the auto run comes up, and here’s where i’m supposed to click “install”, but i have no “install” option…

rather, it says i can play, check for updates, uninstall, quit, etc…no install…

i try “play” and an error comes up telling me to insert the right disc…i’m like wtf?

i try again, this time clicking the uninstall…i want to see what it thinks it already has on here, and then it asks if i’m sure i want to uninstall NFS Underground…

the auto run is reading the same from this disc as NFS underground, and thus is thinking i already have Most Wanted loaded on my computer…how do i tell me computer that it’s wrong in thinking this, and install the new game without having to uninstall the old one?

Try using the “Explore” option for the CD, and there may just be an INSTALL.exe or something stupid like that…

that autoplay menu just has shortcuts to actual executables on the CD most of the time.

:word:

go to [start->run-> then type in “regedit” and hit ok

do a search for “EA” and see if it’s somehow in the registry (dont know why it would be though)

if you dont know what you’re doing, post your results before deleting or changing anything

Yeah… looks like you’ve tried to install this game before and something got fucked up in your registry.