Need help with a b15

My buddy’s got a b15 civic that he’s having trouble with. Speedo doesn’t work, odometer doesn’t work, he doesn’t have overdrive and also has a CEL… He is assuming it’s the VSS, but not sure how exactly to replace it. I don’t know shit about this motor (or any Honda motor really) so maybe you guys can shed some light on the subject?

Car is a 92, SOHC (I guess)

Thanks.

He has a D15, it sounds like there’s a problem with the speed sensor. You should be able to find it pretty easy. It’s located on top of the tranny and I think there’s 2 screws that hold it on.

Blazin is right, VSS is sitting on top of the tranny (nearest to the firewall).

To see if that is the problem…look under the very rightmost edge of the dash, you’ll see a green harness cover with a two pin plug stuck in it. Pull it out and take a paper clip and bridge to two pins and watch the CEL light. Long flashes indicate the first number, short flashes indicate the second number.

Follow this How-to: http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=34

And then if the VSS proves to be bad, I’ve got one for sale for cheap. These guys have given you the perfect advice to fix the problem. Good luck.