Need help with my Mazda 6i

I have a 2005 mazda 6i Been looking to do some work to it but having a lot of trouble trying to find parts I’d like to boost it but I need to beef up the engine a little first before hand and can’t find anything if anyone has some insight please help thank you!

Ps. It’s the 2.3L 4cyl

Its a Ford Duratec motor.

What are exactly are you doing to it that you feel the need to “beef up the engine”?

Unless you’re going for a crazy high boost build, “beefing up the engine” is not something that should be a concern.

Unless you’re using that as lingo for making more power.

Edit: Determine your goals first and then build to suit, not the other way around. Find out what power you want and what parts you will be using. Then get the parts. Once you have the parts for build then order parts for the motor if necessary (iron sleeves in Duratec series). Once all the parts are there you can go through with building.

If this is your DD, don’t have fantasies of a crazy build due to time it will take and the fact that it’s not smart to have a crazy build on your DD.

okay thank you im going for low boost just was wondering i just have concern for blowing the stock engine i was looking for internals just as a peace of mind but it should do okay.

Most engines with moderate size turbo can run upto 10 pounds safely with a proper tune.

However that’s a lot of money to be spending to gain moderate gains from sub 1 bar of boost.

Also you’re likely going to be running into some emission issues being OBD2.

I suggest keeping it a nice DD and picking up any typical OBD1 project to make fast. They will already be lighter (makes everything better, MPG, power to weight, handling), plentiful parts for cheap, replacement and aftermarket, no emission issues and no hurting the resale of your DD.

I’m actually building a 2.3 Duratec for boost in my focus. Although there are slight differences between the Ford and Mazda, they are very similar. The duratecs are good for 12lbs safely on a GT28rs, which would put you around 260whp

hop on 6crew.com they can answer all your need. Tuning issues. how much boost you can run and everything else. There are quite a few boosted 4cyls on there

^^Im friends with Justin on there (The Great NY), if im not mistaken he owns the site. Def a good dude to go to for info

Thanks guys and i was looking into getting a actual project car before being deployed but i recently got deployed and ill be home in about 6 months and the money im making here i can now get a project but im not sure what i want to build.

Only twin turbo v6 mazda6 in the world so he might know a thing or 2 about it

The duratecs are definitely a good motor to build. Try and see if you can find a 03-04 focus zx3 with a 2.3

Find out what kind of racing you like best and build towards that.

Otherwise if you just want something to give you a kick once you punch the pedal pick up an older Camaro or a Mustang. Hard to beat the bang for the buck if you’re just looking for a toy with power.

Nothing beats the ease of installation and band for the rbuck than nitrous!

1 step colder plugs non projected tips. 75 shot of nitrous. exhaust cut out just after the cat so you don’t cut up expensive emissions equipment or throw engine codes. run 91 octane or better. that should be plenty enough to spank a stock clutch. I would suggest a full throttle and RPM switch and maybe even a shut of switch on the clutch.

Or like Vlad said. 98+ Camaro/Firebird (LS1) or 99+ Mustang GT (4.6L PI Heads!). These are getting easier to get into every day and respond the best to mods. Older vehicle are not bad but have a little less power from the factory and mods, parts, unabused vehicles are harder to find.

When you get back you should visit LVD for both drag and drift events as well as spectate a few autocross events. If something really gets you excited it may change the whole direction of vehicle platform and mods. Some of us will be more than happy to take ya for a ride at any of these events if the rules allow.

Honestly. One of the most fun cars I have driven was a 92 Civic CX hatch with a D16 and a Jackson Racing Supercharger. If a fun to drive toy car is what youre looking for a Mazda Miata or other small fun to play with vehicle may be the ticket.

a muscle car owner…RECOMMENDING A CIVIC!!! wow…im impressed. haha

yo where was your profile pic taken tyler I dont remember my truck next to your car anywhere