need help with rear projection tv PLEASE

ok i have a 60 inch rear projection tv ,picture is alright kinda blurry , just want to know a few things

1. how do u know when to replace the bulbs?
    2)how much are they?
  2. is it easy to change ur self?
    4)can the bulbs be cleaned?
    5)does the plexi glass or the protective cover thing help at all with the picture cause it was broken so we took it off?
    6)where can u buy the bulbs, and the plexiglass cover thing ?:thankyou:

any help will be appreciated.

thanks

avsforums.com

what is the make and model of the TV?

phillips magnavox

Is it a CRT, LCD, DLP projection. Care to maybe post something useful like a specific model number?

not home right now but when i get the model number ill post it

Your TV most likely doesn’t have a bulb…

Yeah, you may be realigning magnets/ color guns.

Also of note, if it’s an older Rear projection CRT, you might just need to readjust your convergance if it’s off slightly as this can cause blurryness.

Typically a bulb won’t cause blurryness, though it can cause discoloration on LCD/DLP projection.

Also you mentioned the protective cover was damaged, did the screen behind it get damaged or shifted noticeably?

ok i will look into it and no just the protective cover was damaged it flew off the truck and smashed but nothing else

We service these TVs all the time. If you have specific questions you can call our customer service number and we can get a technician on the line for you to answer your general questions. We also sell the lamps and have most of them in stock. Our phone number is 632-0216 and we have techs there from 9am-5pm. All the information on is is in this thread…
http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29472&highlight=lifetime+service+center

model number is 8p6034c101

re adjusted the convergence and it still looks the same as it did before

the picture is kinda blurry and when there is a bright color on the screen it gets blurry and there was three colors on the bottom of the screen it was blue red and green which ithink are ht bulbs or whatver these tvs have but it is no longer there