Need help with truck asap. I'll pay $$+food

I need to finish working on my truck to get it ready for winter. I gotta do the ball joints but dont have all the tools I need and need some help from someone who knows how to do that shit so its quicker and easier. I’ll pay whoever halpes me and provide lunch or w/e. Let me know if anyone can help. It’s a 96 Chevy S-10 2.2 ltr. 5 speed. My cell is 534-0602.

Also, if anyone does come out and is a hunter I do have a 300 acer nature preserve behind my house if you would like to do some rabbit/squirrel hunting or something when we’re done. Let me know.

Thanks guys,
~Josh

I have no time to help you out, but ball joints really aren’t that big a job.

Go to autozone and rent all the tools you need for the job. They’ve got the press, the forks to pop stuff apart, even the giant socket to remove the axle nut. As long as you bring the stuff back it costs you nothing but the fully refundable deposit.

After that all you need is a basic socket set, pliers for the cotter pins, a hammer, jackstands and one or two jacks. Oh, and a torque wrench if you want to do the job right and torque everything to spec.

2WD? is it drivable? getting the upper rivets out w/o a torch is a bitch.

you will have to bring it to my house but i could do it for you. if they have not been done before(ie there is rivets not bolts)

they do not press in on those trucks

NYSpeed meet BJ’s and beers? LOL

Well doesn’t that suck.

air chisel torch gravy job

2wd lower ball joints are pressed in. 4wd lower ball joints are rivited in. As for the uppers I am unsure.

:yup: where do you hail from?

wheatfield

If you feel like hitting up West Seneca drop me a PM. I Can get them done no problem. i have aaallll weekend.

Whereever I take it I just gotta find a way to get it there lol. I hasnt seen an inspection since I baught it last october lol. I drove it from oct. till april on the 10 day…and never got a ticket muaaaahahaha.

edit: I just remember I did get one bu talked it down to a $20 parking ticket. :wink:

id help you but your far and all my tools are at work, sry, but good luck im sure someone here will help

Joe is going to touch you… and since when can you hunt on a “nature preserve”?

I could do them this saturday.But you would need to bring it to my house in amherst.

eh hes tried before. I just hit him in the nose with a rolled up newspaper and say “no”.

The national conservancy bought the land a few years ago. They just make sure nobody tries to develope it or fuck it up. you can still hunt there.

Oh nice nice… ughh i need to get out, i was out 2x this year for turkey and thats it so far. Im going to try to hit the woods this weekend.

well let me know when you got some free time. I’m helping my dad wrap up the last landscape job he has for the season but I’m free like anytime next week.

ball joints are NOT part of NYSI, believe it or not.

but the uppers are cake with a decent air hammer, the lowers are a biatch to get back in if the arm is on the truck still. the arm surface isnt square to the hole so it wants to go in crooked.