Need help this weekend bad!!!

Just took my truck in to Sears to get an alignment…long story short, the fallowing are in “critical condition”.

Ball joints (all)
Tire rods (warn)
Tie rod sleeves (warn)
Idler arm (warn)
Center Link (warn)

I can get the parts sat morning but need help installing them. I don’t wanna fuck them up, and I’m not sure if I have all the tools needed. If someone could help me with this on sat/sun it would be MASSIVLY appreciated!!

so ur going to take a dweeb sears techs advise?

lol might want to goto a real shop to get another opinion.

+1

:word: I’ll have the mechanics at work look at it tomarrow. I know it does have some shit fucked up but yeah…I’m just worried a ball joint is gonna snap or something. Been there done that…not fun.

If your going to mess with the tie rods, just do all 4 of them I think they are like 40 bucks each. You can rent (for free) the ball joint/tie rod popper bar. The ball joint is either pressed in or riveted if it has never been replaced. If its pressed, just press it out and press the new one in, if riveted grind them off and bolt in the new one. They aren’t that bad. Then one all is complete get it aligned.

Tip- Measure the distance between the tie rods and try to place the news ones at the same distance. This will give you a little time to get the truck into the shop for alignment. It will also stop your tires from screaming.

After that try taking a string and making sure the front edge of your tires is slightly toed in, maybe about 1/4 inch.

Oh what kinda truck?

i have 150k and i just replaced all of the things jeg mentioned were wrong, more than likely the techs arnt lying to him

i got this front end rebuild kit off of ebay, the parts are pretty decent quality (1 year warranty through advance auto type or shit)

got the whole thing done in under 4 hours (except for ballpoints, im taking that too a shop)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SET-SUSPENSION-S10-BLAZER-SONOMA-2WD-96-04-4-BALL_W0QQitemZ140174873306QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140174873306

[quote=“ultradriver10000,post:5,topic:38418"”]

If your going to mess with the tie rods, just do all 4 of them I think they are like 40 bucks each. You can rent (for free) the ball joint/tie rod popper bar. The ball joint is either pressed in or riveted if it has never been replaced. If its pressed, just press it out and press the new one in, if riveted grind them off and bolt in the new one. They aren’t that bad. Then one all is complete get it aligned.

Tip- Measure the distance between the tie rods and try to place the news ones at the same distance. This will give you a little time to get the truck into the shop for alignment. It will also stop your tires from screaming.

After that try taking a string and making sure the front edge of your tires is slightly toed in, maybe about 1/4 inch.

Oh what kinda truck?

[/quote]

its a 96 Chevy S-10. I know there is something wrong with it by the way it feels when driving…but I didint realize it was THAT bad.