need steering help bad

ok i got the probe on the road, just took it out and its all over the place…again. this was the problem before and the guy i baught it from said it needed a steering rack swap, well i did that, everything is connected and what not. when i hit the gas the car jerks right HARD then let off and it goes the other direction, its all over the place and cant go over 45 and still maintain control. wtf…i got like 40 bux, and a job interview tomarrow, im fucked. any help would be massivly appreciated.

Drive slow?

did you get an alignment after the rack swap?

alignment is def. a key factor- ness.

Alignment is a must, I’ll look into it and see maybe if my brother can help you out on that, I know how broke your ass is. :stuck_out_tongue:

First off make sure all front suspension is tight throw it up on jackstands and check for excessive wheel play…if thats fine…

Get an alignment…

no doubt, it needs an alignment, what really bugs me is this is what happened before i thre on the new rack/tie rod end links. hmmm kinda pisses me off that i spent all this time on it to be back where i started…cept now i got brakes (Thanks Choda).

no it was deff missing a tooth or two. itd be crazy to drive it in the snow how it was, i almost died driving it in the summer.

“sounds like” a frozen caliper or a VERY wasted trans mount

Problem mostly solved, outer tie-rod end was missing a retaining pin and started to back out.

:tup:

YEA but ur taking a no name kid that knows about systems, neons, and bodykits advice on how a car performs. iam not saying all show b4 go people dont know about mechanics. but u should of had a professional check it out. but check ur ball joints half shafts and get it align because ur alignments is probably way out of spec and b4 u know it ur tires will be gone.