.......... Help ..........

just got my brake serviced and tire rotation done on sat (tires balanced as well), after that i drove highway home on that night, and i noticed the steering was off to the left a little, and when i drive 100km+ the steering wheel start to sake, so first i thougth it was just the alignment, on sunday i took the car to active gree+ross to have alignment done, but after that the steering is still off to the left a little bit and sakes when over 100km+.

on monday i took the car back to the shop where i had it brake serviced and tire rotation done, they balanced the tires and everything was fine, so i took a test drive but STILL SAME PROBLEMS, back to the shop, we rotated the tires back to where it was, front to the back and balanced, then i took off and head to work, while i was on the highway the steering is STILL off to the left a little, and when i do over 100km+ sitll shakes a little ( little better then before ) but still…

… HELP …

does your car have a salvage title or is it clean?

Please edit your title to reflect the post content, and try to do so in the future. Thanks.

no salvage title, it’s clean…

sorry about that, i just noticed that i shouldn’t “Use punctuation such as periods at the end of sentance to separate ideas”
i was just dont’ want anymore damage to it before i get it fixed

I took my car to active green + ross and I can tell you one thing… don’t take your car there!

The problem with getting the alignment right on the 240 is that most technicians don’t know that they MUST fix the rear alignment first, THEN the front alignment…

the rear alignment actually affects the front (not sure how, but that’s what one of the guys at OK Tire told me since they have done a few 240’s with multilink and non-multilink setups and they learned the hard way I guess…)

There’s nothing wrong with you car, just go back and tell them to do the rear first and then the front… otherwise they will never get your steering wheel straight.

As for the wheel shaking, there could be tons of factors… worn out steering rack bushings, worn out end link bushings on the front sway bar, blown shocks (front and/or rear), inner & outter tie rods (too much slack), worn out ball joints, Tension control rod bushings, front lower control arm bushings… any of those could easily make your streering wheel shake…That also includes a bad alignment. So get the fixed first and see from there.

without reading the rest I fully concur… I went to have an oil change just before a long trip but speedy was busy so I went to green+ross at yonge/finch… they hoisted my car up without using the frame rails and dented both floor pans… a huge hump where my left foot goes

I went back and complained and the “tech” and I use the term loosely started yapping on how he showed me that before he started working and shit… basically spewing lies in rapid succession, and the owner was even siding with him til I showed him the scratch marks and everything matched his lift

so they spent 20min hammering and pounding and got it down reasonably well but they dislodged some of the old seam sealer and it started rusting badly in the foot well over the next year

oh and they charged ~$70 for 2 quarts ATF + 4 quarts synthetic blend oil… they actually wrote .25 hrs labour on the invoice! wtf

however I’ve since exclusively used the mechanic right across from him radman, they are fair and honest ---- note: they are being forced out by some dirty tactics from the green guys so they are moving shortly

i’ve heard bad things about active gree+ross sometimes ago from city news the silver man helps… hahahahahah ya…

anyways, it was from a different locations, so i didn’t think that one bad apple seed would make all apples bad right, + they would the only one that opens on sunday ( don mills & steeles ), but it seems like they are pretty much the same shxxxxxx…

back to the topic, everything was all good and fine till i had my tires rotated and brake serviced, could it still be the worn out steering rack bushings, worn out end link bushings on the front sway bar, blown shocks (front and/or rear), inner & outter tie rods ect. ??

G-E: wow, that truly sucks man… and I thought I had a bad experience with them…

heatwavewo: if everything was fine before that, then a proper alignment should fix everything. Also, don’t be afraid to take the car to Nissan. They charged me the exact same amount to do an alignment as “OK Tire” and “Wheel & Tire Zone” and they didn a good job just like the other 2 places. You got nothing to lose and you’ll get charged the same. IIRC, it was 90 bucks for an alignment on all 4 wheels.