Need Help with UHaul Assistance...

Well, Im picking up a shell from ohio…and uhaul will not lend me a car dolly…because my subaru wagon is not specified for towing another car…Would u considered a bare shell to be a car? Well anyways…
I need the dolly…i have a hitch on my awd subaru wagon…and i know i can tow the civic…they weigh around 2100lbs stock with engine tranny etc. so it should be alot less without alot of the parts…so why cant i tow it…ill take my chances.
well the help im looking for is…can someone just pick up the tow dolly for me from uhaul with their truck and i;ll meet you like 1 block away and we can switch it out…
if you work at uhaul that would be awseome!
let me know thanks in advance

if you find someone to do this, I’ll be amazed. you do realize that whoever “picks it up” for you is now liable for anything that happens to that tow dolly. best of luck to you on finding someone willing to take that risk.

how so? if its dave thats actually renting it, putting his name on the form, using his credit card to pay for it what difference does it make whose vehicle is there to pick it up?

those dollys weigh so much on top of that.Its a liability and they are not in the wrong in any shape and or form. rent a uhaul truck to captain cheap.

19.95 plus .59 miles and im going to be traveling 800 miles taht is $472.00+19.95+39.95 for tow dolly total =$531.95 = not worth that!

Find a friend to lend you a truck. I wouldn’t do what you’re suggesting for even one of my best friends, but I’d let them borrow my truck.

If you get in an accident with that dolly that a friend helped you scam from uhaul when uhaul told you it would be unsafe that friend is now just as liable in court as you. It’s gross negligence because you came up with a plan specificially to get around uhaul’s safe renting procedures.

[asshole]word, if you do this, i hope u die…[/asshole]

They do it for a reason.

word.

as long as they don’t take any reg info from me, i’d help you out. But i don’t have an electrical hookup…

IIRC, last time I rented one, they take down the make model & plate number of the vehicle picking up.

This was ~2 years ago, at the one on Eggert / NFB.

:tif:

when I got my trailer for the mustang, they wanted to see proof of insurance too. and they also took my plate and whatnot. then the guy told me my big 8.1 2500 “wasnt rated to tow the mustang and the trailer.” i gave the guy a funny look until he realized he entered the wrong vehicle.

and if the trailer is on a vehicle with different tags the trailer can be considered stolen, I got this long spiel one time from this ghetto Uhaul about all that.

I had this problem before too, I had a lifted 91’ S-10 that blew a motor and they said that an 07’ dodge Ram 2500 2wd couldn’t handle it on a trailer :ham:. shows how much they know at u-haul.

in your case it is too much for the wagon to handle, max for a manual wagon is 1000# and 2000# for auto

Then do not do it nerd

I think enterprise will rent a truck or something cheap with unlimited miles. Look into more options besides UHAUL

Why not just rent a truck or burrow one from somebody?

LOL @ burrow

dont forget about gas at 10mpg :slight_smile:

you don’t? Mine does, it was part of the factory tow package.

if it does, i can’t find it.