tow dolly needed!

picking up a clean eg hatch in CT on december 1st Uhual wont rent me a tow dolly because I have a ford explorer can anyone help or have a dolly to rent/loan me?

Thanks

there might be a reason why u-haul won’t rent you a dolly. since you’re going to be towing the car that far, check your GVW on the Explorer…gotta be careful with DOT checking everything being towed.

its because of the firestone tire incident. they dont want to be liable for anything. but my explorer has michellins

it has more to do with the placement of the hitch or if your using the ball on your rear bumper, uhaul and others have had a lot of problems with people ripping their rear bumpers off because they thought that because there is a ball there they can tow a 10k lb trailer with it.

U-Haul trailers
On December 22, 2003, U-Haul, the largest North American equipment rental company, announced that they would forbid their outlets from renting trailers to persons planning to tow behind Ford Explorers due to liability concerns.[5]

interesting

I have a trailer that i can rent you that will fit a hatchback…(with some type of sec. deposit)
single axle
wait today is DEC 1st

I was searching the explorer on wikipedia and stumbled upon it.
not sure if its entirely true :dunno: hence bringing up a old thread