Who can tow a car for me?

Need to get a vehicle from near LVD to my house in Cobleskill (Exit 22 off i88). The sooner the better. Sent Frank a message, havent heard back. Anyone else available this weekend?

if you have/can get a trailer or dolly I can do it

I have a car dolly, but it could use new straps. they are a lil dry. I was going to grab a set from redneck supply and toss them on, then if someone wanted to rent it I wouldnt mind them using it.

So i got the dolly but you need to find the truck. If you want to borrow it, I need to know befor 3, so I can get the straps from RNS in CP for it befor they close.

Im free today, all of tomorrow and Sunday afternoon

Okay cool. Maybe tomorrow is best then.

Youre in Rotterdam right Pjb? How far from CRC? I can meet at CRC and dump my car and ride out to LVD with you, if Mike doesnt mind my car there for an hour or two? Gotta find out if this car will make the dolly, it is lowered a bit.

Im like 20 minutes from there (Rotterdam). I used to work there so I know exactly where it is.

What is the car anyway?

Oh just another 2813 pound Civic lol From the sounds of it though, it wont make it on a dolly…

Recommend Frank/Wayne for anything… but if he’s not available I’m not sure.

Uhaul should have a trailer available. If I remember right theyre like $50-60 to rent.

I dont have trailer brakes though so that might be an issue.

only 2813lbs? Just catch eman before a gym session.

Lol Thanks Ryan

If I had a tow hitch on the TL I would be all set. Im going to look into Uhaul right now.

Are we good on all these things?

Towing vehicle requirements

Must be equipped with a hard top if it is an SUV. U-Haul does not allow any type of sport-utility vehicle not equipped with a hard top to tow U-Haul equipment.
Tow vehicle and trailer lighting must be operational at all times, day and night. All U-Haul trailers and towing are wired with a 4-way flat light connector.
Must weigh at least 3,500 lbs. (curb weight), and must equal or exceed 80% of the combined weight of the trailer (2,210 lbs.) and the vehicle being towed (up to 5,290 lbs.).
Must have a towing system that has a 5,000 lbs. minimum weight-carrying rating
Must have 1-7/8" or 2" hitch ball (5,000 lbs. minimum)
Must not exceed maximum allowable hitch ball height of 25"
Must have external mirrors on both sides
Must have fully operational lighting
Maximum recommended speed is 55 MPH
Load trailers heavier in front.
Reduce normal driving speed.
Wear a seatbelt.

Says they inspect the towing vehicle before hand too. I can get a trailer from one in Nassau, and drop it off in Coby for $118 or downtown Schenectady for $70. Coby would be way easier, its literally half a mile from my house.

Edit: Closest location with a trailer available is 139 Broadway Albany.

Im pretty sure all my lights work on the trailer plug and Ive got a 7 plug connector and a 4 plug connector. Ive got a 1 5/8 ball on it now but also have a 2" ball in the cab.

Truck weighs 5600# and is rated to tow 10k or so

No need for trailer brake controller installed on the truck, the uhaul/penske trailers use an inertia system to apply braking pressure. I towed my T/A up there from NC using my Tahoe with no brake controller just fine. Come to think of it, the Penske truck I moved back to NC with didn’t have a brake controller either and I used it to tow the BMW.

OP, check out Penske too. I know for my move, they were cheaper than Uhaul. Probably not worth it if they aren’t conveniently located to you though.

Theres a Penske on Fuller road in Colonie.

I just checked the 4 pin connector on the truck and it works fine.

PM’ing you my cell #.

@yota Either of your cars lowered? If so did you use boards, or did it make the ramps fine?

Penske location is downtown, so the Uhaul location is closer to the car, and quicker to hop on 90 from the looks of it.

yeah, Uhaul is just off 787 with the spinning truck on the roof

balls… I cant get the straps in such short notice.

Uhaul rents dollys though man.

nm I see ya got a tailer lined up.

Yeah Mike youre out! :ahh lol

Thanks though man!