need help.

My friend is looking to buy a 05 636 that has been dropped and has minor scratches but also cannot get into 1st 2nd and neutral. The seller says that he thinks its the shift fork that is damaged or bent.

Can someone give an opinion on what they think it actually is and if it is an expensive fix?

thanks!

Probably bent shift fork, which you usually have to pull the engine and split the case to fix. Keep shopping. There are lots of used bikes out there.

If he can’t figure out what the problem is himself, he should not be buying a dropped bike. He is just asking for problems.

PASS!

offer 500 dollars for the bike

How much are they asking?

shift fork as said, but i would pass too. unless it’s dirt cheap as fuck. like under 1k lol

unless you know what your doing to split the case and fix the trans just walk away. I had to replace 3 gears , a shift fork and a drum on a RMZ. Fuck that sucked. Took me like 14 hours. Then I put it back toghther and it won’t run right :fu: pressed on cam that spun 3 teeth.

Good thing the seller didn’t accept the $3400 offer. lmao

he actually settled for 3500 but i guess we know to tell nugy to pass on this lol

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

thanks everyone!