need help

http://www.rit.edu/%7Ejcr2534/lame.JPG

can anyone tell me why this is happening to my computer? i cant figure it out for the life of me. its properly cooled, etc etc etc. it was almost like it was the monitor but i can obv take a screen shot of it…

Can you get another video card in that machine?

video card and or install new video card drivers

it looks like its a wire issue… check your wire connections, if that doesn’t work swap it out…

looks like the begining to some matrix shit to me, Run…

[quote=“Locutus,post:4,topic:25702"”]

it looks like its a wire issue… check your wire connections, if that doesn’t work swap it out…

[/quote]

weird thing is there is only ghost images on one program … must be the RIAA coming after his mp3s :smiley:

what version of winamp is this?

seems like what ever runs the visual on this is fucked up. You could try installing an older version to see if it is winamp specific.

What other programs fuck up?

could be something like OpenGL, or direct X is messed up. I really don’t know I don’t know much aboout how winamp is coded. To be honest I really don’t want to spend the next 3 hours researching it when its not my problem…

But Please do tell what other programs this fucks up in, or if it is winamp exclusive… If winamp exclusive try a reinstall

[quote=“Locutus,post:4,topic:25702"”]

[/quote]

where would it be a wire issue? certainly not to the monitor if he can take a screen shot

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:7,topic:25702"”]

where would it be a wire issue?

[/quote]

if the wire was melted or not fully inserted or some other defect, it could be transmitting a faulty signal to the monitor.

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:7,topic:25702"”]

certainly not to the monitor if he can take a screen shot

[/quote]

false.

what wire are you talking about??

the VGA/DVI to the monitor? You have to be more specific.

this same thing happened to me 2 times …
video card in both cases…

Looks like a ram chip on the video card gave up the ghost.

Borrow a video card from a buddy, toss it in. If it works, give that one back and replace your fux0red video card.

thanks for the help guys, i still havent figured out the issue but it seems to be temp related for some reason. on a cold start up it wont happen at all and by the time its been running for a few hours the whole screen is filled with that.

i assume its vid card related tho :-/

Check the fan on your video card

definitely hardware related.

when did you purchase the card…

and try and open up the case and see if you can get like a desk fan to cool it off… and see what happens… if it helps then you obviously have a heating problem… and you can probably RMA the video card, if you bought it recently

well incase anyone was wondering what caused this for their own future reference. it was a power supply going bad. replaced the failing ps and all is well.

wow, didnt see that one coming

me neither thats why i thought id post it :smiley:

Wow, really? A PS did that… interesting. Never seen that before!