NEED HELP!!!!

My wifes 95 vw golfs steering wheel locked and now the thing wont start because ya cant get the key to turn at all.Any help would be appreciated

See if there is a release button under the column. Usually it’s a small hole, and you have to stick a pen or a thin screwdriver up in there. I know GM’s have them, not sure on VW’s

you can’t just move it back and forth while turning the key?

^

nope tried and doesnt work

Turn the wheel harder

i dont want to break the locking mecanizime in the wheel.

stop being a pussy

you have to turn the key, while ur turning the key u have to keep turning the steering wheel (left) with manly force

no the steering wheel. crank it all the way left as hard as you can and try the key. if that doesn’t work, try the opposite direction.

the wheel is locked and i have about 2inches of play if that.I will try in the morning more it is cold out

i know. But what’s happening is you are parked on snow or up against a curb or something that is jamming the tires over, which in turn jams the steeringwheel into the steering wheel lock, which in turn makes it difficult for the key to pull the lock mechanism down.

If that’s not the case, then your ignition lock cylinder is broken or frozen.

Agreed, it’s up against the lock and jammed. Should be able to get it back enough to unlock the wheel, keep trying!

its not up against snow or anything.If it is frozen ya guys got any suggestions

thanks for the help guys there was a piece of ice?salt jammed in between the rim and spring