need honeing and balencing

I need a light hone on my block. Does anyone know how, or have done it before and care to help me out?

Then I need the rotating assembly balenced. Klispie said $193 and BRK said $150. any other places?

I went to BRK for balancing, $155 for that + tax. They seemed to know what they were doin with the 4-banger even though they usually handle the v8 crowd.

I might need to have this stuff done too … I might have someone to goto though through a buddy of mine. Not sure how much it’s going to cost. It was like $30 to have my head shaved …

well the honeing tool is $20 at autozone. i dont know if they would rent it or not… but i’d like to find someone that has used it before. do you think it would be easier/better to just attach it to a drill or put it on a drill press?

As far as honing the block you definately need to know what you are doing or you could put the wrong cross hatch on the cylinder and greatly affect ring seal.

I deal with BRK all the time he is who i have do my machine work. Balancing of the roatating assembly is 195. I am not sure of the honing price off the top of my head as I usually have him bore and hone so Im gonna go on a limb and say about 85. If you need a good hookup on it let me take it in he usually takes care of my stuff pretty fast since i deal with him alot.

:word: i have seen some of brk’s work and its pretty good. Id still check everything but that goes for every shop. Klispies has a habbit of taking a while when it comes to balancing and they are over priced also. I had my 2.0 10,000rpm motor balanced at northeast and it was a good job and the cheapest at around 135ish??? i cant remember. however i have heard nightmare stories about northeast along with klispies, but both shops have done me ok.

Werd

I double check everything that comes back to me from the machine shop there have only been a couple times i have had to take something back for a fix. Although it is a good thing i check because man that would suck putting it together only to have something from the machining go wrong, then it is my fault for not checking.

so can you get some sort of preffered member discount that you could then pass on to me? i’m cheap, i drive a neon