need inspection help badly...

nope, i sold the stock header…

if your still stuck pm me, i have a guy that will legally pass you with that light on

care to explain what these “spacers” are and what they do?

they are a longer spark plug anti-fouler. it is screwed in the 2nd o2 bung so it extends how far out the sensor is. it lets the sensor get a cleaner reeading because of the missing cat-convertor…it worked fine on my 04, just not my 06…

I was wondering if thats what you were referring too, ive had one on my catless downpipe for almost 2 years and its been fine. I would find a stock setup to swap back on, sadly its what I have to do, my dad threw my stock DP away bc he thought it was from an older car :doh:

Put a CEL Fix on the downstream plug with an HFC.

The code you are getting seems to mean you are running lean.

Clear the code, richen up the mixture. This coupled with the CEL fix on the second O2 sensor might be the ticket.

Did you ever monitor the o2 sensor? If you plug a scan tool in, you can watch the swing from rich to lean. I would bet that its either hanging on one end or the other and setting the code. If the sensor is new, id believe that there is something else causing the problem.

You could have it programmed out of the computer (if your car allows that).

Is it a heated o2 sensor? If you spent over $500 trying to get it fixed then it is allowed to pass.

just got back from wright didge in wexford, i passed…i had to add another spacer to my 2nd o2 sensor(total of 3), and cleaned my maf with crc. drove 110 miles, no cel. when i asked to see if i had a code, and they said no, i got it inspected right away. i wasn’t taking a chance.

wait I thought your problem was the first O2 sensor?

which BTW you should not have any spacers for, it’s used strictly for closed loop fueling

wow, 3 spacers… thats f’d up

I wonder what the AF/R is?

it was the problem. i have all the spacers on my 2nd o2 sensor, and it went away. from i what i read, it lets the a/f sensor read a cleaner signal from the 2nd o2 sensor.

Its odd though b/c usually the 2nd o2 will give you a catalyst inefficiency code and not an upstream o2 failure.

idk…it worked

that wouldnt work, when doing emissions today, the car tells the inspector if it will pass or not, having the CEL light on means instant fail