Need inspection sticker ASAP!

[quote=“JayS,post:9,topic:35577"”]

Yeah, why would an automatic need an emergency brake. If your brakes fail at 60 mph you can just throw it in park right?

[/quote]

They did it on myth busters and it didn’t work. The auto went into a nuetral limp mode and the manual couldn’t get it in.

For the auto I’m sure year, make, and model would have diferent results.

As for the manual if they would have been smart enough to shift it down to bypass the lock-out mechanism and rev match to get into the non synchro-ed reverse gear I think it would have worked.

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:21,topic:35577"”]

They did it on myth busters and it didn’t work. The auto went into a nuetral limp mode and the manual couldn’t get it in.

As for the manual if they would have been smart enough to shift it down to bypass the lock-out mechanism and rev match to get into the non synchro-ed reverse gear I think it would have worked.

[/quote]

yes, to the the limp mode…

as the manual idea goes; im too afraid to try on any car =)

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:21,topic:35577"”]

[/quote]

404, sarcasm not found. I’m well aware that putting it in park at 60 will not stop the car.

Also, if it was intended only as a parking brake manufactures would have abandoned the old cable system for the brake a long time ago. The reason it still uses a cable is it has to be seperate from the hydraulic system to provide a backup, or emergency brake. It would be much more simple and reliable to have the parking brake handle simply use the existing brake system but then it wouldn’t be redundant.

[quote=“JayS,post:23,topic:35577"”]

404, sarcasm not found.

[/quote]

I wasn’t being sarcastic, they really did it…

[quote=“JEG,post:19,topic:35577"”]

Got the inspection done. The car is fine, other than the e-brake.

Oh and ImportMuscle…you’re still a worthless douche. DIAF.

[/quote]

you’re jeg, inbred hick / attention whore extrordinare, who cares. :bloated:

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:24,topic:35577"”]

I wasn’t being sarcastic, they really did it…

[/quote]

Lol… this is getting out of hand. I meant I was being sarcastic when I suggested he didn’t need an emergency brake since it was an auto and you can stop an auto by throwing it in park at 60.

And I’m 99% sure I’ve seen every mythbusters ever done. My DVR is set to record all new episodes and when they have the mythbuster marathons I normally DVR them all. I’ve started watching them all again now that Dish has Discovery in HD. Carrie in HD… mmm so hot. Very soon I will have the tshirt “I reject your reality and substitute my own”.

And watching Tory grind the shit out of that poor little CRX’s transmission while he tried to force it into reverse at 50 mph was hilarious. In true Honda fashion of course it didn’t die.

It is an emergency brake with dual purpose of being able to hold the car still when parked in case the transmission which should always be put into park or gear were to fail. Which would also make it an emergency brake as to keep the car from causing an accident/emergency.

Either way it technically should be working for many saftey reasons.

edit Jeg, who did the inspection?

give me $100 and I get it inspectec