NEED MAJOR HELP!

Okay so today I picked up my car from storage and there is a major issue. I start driving and everything is fine until i reach approx. 2500 rpm then my motor starts hiccuping. It shakes the whole car and then starts to stall out. I have a rebuilt ka24de with only 250,000km and 50,000km on rebuild. all gears shifts perfect and it drives perfectly as long as i shift under 2500rpm…Can anyone shed some light on this for me please.
Almost forgot to mention It’s a 1991 240sx hatchback.

Also when It’s in neutral and I rev it past 2500rpm it sounds like im redlining it. I have no idea what to do? or what it can be!

It sounds almost like its running out of gas!

Mass air flow sensor. Check if its plugged in properly if not replace it. Your ecu is on limp/protect mode.

that’s what i was thinking too…

run the codes, if it isnt a visible issue with the mafs it could be something else shorting it out… ECU will tell you.

Major help calls for Major Lazer.

ya…check the maf or maybe bad gas?

Yeah it was the maf sensor I noticed that it was missing one of the bolts and was very lose. I wiggled it around a bit and no more problems. I am going to be replacing the maf regardless however this solves my issue! Thanks!

Thanks to everyone!

So I just got my new Maf and installed nit this morning. Now the car runs like shit. It has a very rough idle and blowing black smoke. The minute I remove the Maf sensor plug it returns to normal however this time in limp mode sp I cant rev past 2700rpm. Anyone have any ideas. I’m stuck at home and can’t go anywhere.

So I pulled error code 12 form the ecu. I have replaced with a guaranteed to work maf sensor. When the maf is unplugged it idles normal but in limp mode. The minute I plug it into the sensor its starts idling rough and blowing lots of black smoke. Can someone please help me I have no idea what to do now. I tried my new maf on my friends s13 and it worked perfectly.

sounds like you have a leak after the MAF somewhere, allowing in unmetered air.

A leak? Could you possibly shed some insight on how I can detect a leak? thanks for the response.

UPDAte: Car died and now wont start. all of a sudden my car wont turn over. I have no idea what to do. ecu said it was the maf. I replaced it and apparently that didn’t fix the problem. I went and grabbed a bite to eat and come back to my car not wanting to start. if anyone in the ottawa area can come help me I can pay you. Or if anyone has some advice they can share it would be greatly appreciated as I haven’t been able to drive my car since i got it.

there is a fuse for the maf. check the fuses under the hood 1 is blown for sure. i cant remember the exact fuse but it is under the hood no bigger then its either 15 amp 10amp or 7.5amp fuse. also check your spark plugs your bad maf may have blown them, happen too me the white ceramic parts were cracked because of a bad maf.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

also that fuse for the maf is linked with the injectors or coils 1 of them anyways so cuases them to not work.