Need mobo advice

I ended up with a pair of R7 265 video cards. Got them for a good deal to run them together. Picked up a Asus M5a97r2.0 mobo but found out the cards are not compatible with a uefi bios. So who can recommend me a mobo for these cards that’s amd chipset specially phantom II. Or does anyone have a card that is compatible that I can borrow and see if changing the bios settings to legacy boot instead?!

• Updated - - -

Also installed a cheap Coolmaster CPU cooler with dual fans and brought the Temp down a solid 10C Super happy. Temps haven’t hit 50C even playing games.

I find it highly unlikely a newer card like the R7 can’t work with a UEFI bios, where did you see/read that?

^kinda thinking the same thing. Doesn’t work in Legacy? My GTX 285 worked in a UEFI BIOS, my wife has some legacy card that works in a UEFI BIOS.

I’ll only buy ASUS boards.

Maybe a dead mobo then? If someone get get my current setup running with this motherboard ill throw then some dollars!

First can you boot with only one video card installed? Try both cards… might be a bad card.
Second do you have a different video card you try?

Also try clearing CMOS
http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/HelpDesk_Manual/

No i don’t have a different card. Seems like it wants to boot. All the fans turn on and get the 1 start up boot. But no video or mouse or keyboard. The card is being used currently on a smaller micro board without problem. But the current motherboard was a bandaid till i got a larger board to handle more memory and a 2nd video card. Had built this tower to play The Division when its finally released.

Try clearing the cmos, if that doesn’t work chances are you have a dead board.

Tried that. With both a jumper and taking out the battery for 10+ min.

• Updated - - -

I guess ill just bite the bullet and pick up a new asus m5a97 board. Seems like the best option.