xfx 680i Lt SLI Mobo

No POST no BIOS. Blue/Green/Amber LEDs on with power. No video. None w dual pci-x. Tried single pri. pci and pci express. Reset cmos using onboard jumper per imanual. Still no display/response. Disconnected all acc. but fans and 1gb ram in slot 0, still no change in state. Reseated proc. etc. etc. I’ll prob get better help ideas on here rather than their support.

Google provided – heatsink backplate prone to short. Plastic mounting pins rather than metal? idk.

Description: XFX NFORCE 680I LT SLI INTEL SOCKET 775 DDR2
Product Code : MB-N680-ILT9

http://www.xfxforce.com/web/support/searchSupportFiles.jspa?productCode=MB-N680-ILT9&serialNumber=ixn080141
(paper man. is filled w/ typos and d/l manual is beat. wtf fucking brits!

h@x0rs unite.tyty.

Do you have access to another mobo, a second processor and stick of RAM to test with?

I do not. I wish. RAM is Corsair (4)x1gb. Proc is Intel Core 2 duo something…

All my shit is old…like amd k6-2 old lol! I’m in aw over this beefiness of this box…now, if it would only boot.

dead mobo. time to get a new one.

I got a DOA memory stick when I built mine a few months ago. sucks, but it happens.

that board sucks. too high tech for my blood

Looks alot like my ASUS board.

If it’s not POSTing and doesn’t have a BIOS, it def. sounds DOA.

eh, not so much for me. But if it would fucking post, now that would be a start.

f tigerdirect bullshit.

The bad part is I was just looking at that kit on Tiger and thinking of ordering it. Tiger will RMA it probably without a hassle, tho, which is cool.

First review I saw on Tiger’s site:

REVIEW BY: JohnnyGage Reviewed Jan 30, 2008
I had to get two of the Mobo’s and both were DOA–now I have had it with it. And it’s really disappointing since it does have lots of features at a great price. The only problem is quality control–and thats a big problem. What year is it? Because in this day and age you should get at least 50% of your mobo’s to work. Tiger Direct was great to deal with during the process, but the board aint worth the problems. Those who get a good one out of the box were lucky. At least the packaging is nice…

pull the mother board off of the chassis and then try powering it on. Are you getting any beeping when you turn it on?

no beeping.

DOA.

does it ever try to post? core2 run hot as fuck, remember my shit board that would run through one post and die? once the heat dropped below like 25 degrees celsius it attempt to boot… s.m.a.r.t bullshit and other thermal monitoring sometimes fucks you over… so… i’d remove it to ensure your grounds are tight, throw it in the freezer (lawl) and get it nice and cool… see if it powers.

if you short to ground your cpu tray i can imagine issues possibly killing the board, but not the heat sink backing plate (unless it’s the common ground).

i don’t have a spare 775 socket but do have one i use

i do have extra 1gb ddr2 sticks if needed for testing… at least a couple 512s

If you RMA that one and they let you have store credit, I’d highly suggest a Abit IP35-E board. I’ve had mine since about Sept. and currently running a E6550 which is 2.3ghz stock @ 3.5ghz 500fsb :slight_smile: Never had one problem except the ram couldn’t handle the speed, which I fixed by getting different modules.

i have a spare 1u server board you could test with if needed. I am selling it and the ram I had from my server build and using the c2d i got out of it to build something else.