NEED PC HELP ASAP!

ok for some reason my computer no longer recognizes my cd drives so i am unable to burn a cd… i have zero backup discs either! help!

yeah so i dunno if i virus that deleted them… but they do not show up when i go to my computer… they used to but not anymore

everything says save as image… which doesn’t help… anyway to get it recognize the drive again? or if it was “deleted” by someone… and the recycle bin emptied im fucked?

it also doesn’t even recognize my dvds when i put them in either… power dvd nor windows media picks it up.

try “Start>>Control Panel>>System” click the tab labeled Hardware, then click the “device manager” button.

Do your drives show up under “dvd/CD-ROM drives”, If not your system no longer recognizes them as installed. If they are there, your problem lays somewhere else. But how bout you try this first, get back at us with the results.

of course it won’t tell me its not working properly fuckin windows sucks… it says its fine… but yet the troubleshoot thing doesn’t help you at all either it just confused you even more… but no help there either.

but do they show up in the device manager, kind of a critical thing.

yeah it shows that… i have deamon tools… i used that thing to copy a game to an image so i wouldn’t need the disk… and now i never use the daemen tools now… so it shows me have like 5 more drives then normal… and i dunno how to get rid of that now either so that way it only shows just the 2 drives i have on my pc

whats that mean?

it means try that

no screen shot for you!! cause i suck at life!

INSERT RED X HERE

and i was referring to the critical thing

ah ok, im assuming that you dont really have 6 cd drives, so I would say
1.)restart
2.) uninstall all of those
3.)restart
4.) see what happens

Welcome to windows where restarts generally solve most problems.

hmm i shall try that…

bah i suck at life… /myself reboot got-r-done thanks mike. and dos

thats good… was gonna suggest uninstalling the devices/drivers for em thru DM if it didnt work