need quiet tires

Any suggestions for tires that arent loud and obnoxious on the highway? With the enkei rs5’s I got recently, 4 new nankang ns-1 tires came with them for free. I figured, hell since its free, Ill run them out. Cant take them anymore. Too loud at 70mph. Ill be selling all 4 of them for $100. But anyway. The tires size is 225 45 17. They are for summer mainly. These rims wont be on during winter.

Any suggestions for a nice quiet tire? Ill be commuting 45 min to buffalo 3-4 days a week this semester and would rather have a quiet ride. Thanks for the suggestions! And if you want these tires (even after I bashed them) feel free to pm me. $100 is cheap, ya know?

For the new tires, Id like to stay in the $400-500 range.

earmuffs?

(sorry for shitting on your thread, i just had to reach the 1,111 post count.)

My Mich. Pilot sport sp2’s are silent… which kind of sucks at the same time

oh never mind i saw the price range lol

at least your not a post whore. Oh wait…

There are quite a few tires that can do it, you’ll probably be looking more towards all season tires though. And I think the only publication that really would pay attention to road noise is Consumer Reports.

Though for your price range, and the tire size you need you’ll mostly end up with some used tires. You might want to try going to fox tire and see what they have.

I guess if I had to to get good tires, Id spend $500 or so. Again, they are mainly summer tires so you see why I wouldnt want to go ALL out. Anyway. Thanks for suggestions so far. Keep them coming.

falken azenis

not too loud and awesome summer tires