what tires to buy?

at the nissan meet i heard you guys talking about some hankook tires that have amasing wear speed

im going to need a 40 series tire that fit 17’s and i want them to be a really hard compound tire so i dont have to replace them every month, i work for goodyear so i have access to almost all tires and i know the exctas suck ball$

just let me know your opinion on tires (dont forget im 17 and dont have alot of money at all) :idiots

Can you be more specific?

What are you looking for?

Dry Grip?
Wet Grip?
All Around Use?
Decent in Winter?
Long Life?

Do you have dedicated winter tires or will you use these tires in winter as well?

long life…i drive the car every day, i do highway driving a few times a month so pretty much an all around tire but wet conditions arent really a problem cause i dont do high speed wet driving that often and like i said i dont want them to wear fast at all

michelin pilot sports. great tire.

^^ He’s trying to be cost effective. What size?

lol oops, not the best choice in that dept. though.

why do you hate kuhmo’s so much? i had the ecsta 711’s on my e36 when i was on 16" rims, and man were they some kick ass tires for the $$$

thats the ones u were talking about at the meet, ill check them out

ineed a 40 series tire for a 17’’ rim

so like 205/40R17 if they make them that size, they just cant be real wide either (car is low and my 15’s rub allreaddy)

black rubber ones

smart ass :lmao ummmm no :stfu haha

i just heard the exctas were crap, i dont remember what kind extcas they were, not the 711’s

i found a cool pair of yokohama’s but i think the tread pattern would make it suck too badly in the rain

i was looking around online at tire reviews, i have to get more info on some tires we have at work but what i found online were these fusions…i put a ton of these on dealer cars but the reviews sound ok and 10-20kmi on them sounds good to me, allthough i drive alot every day and rough, i need like the friggin hardest compound tire i can find

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Fuzion&tireModel=HRi&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=04HR7HRIXL&fromCompare1=yes&place=1

i cant find the tires i have on my rims anywhere

they are japanese, called Ohtsu…cant find them anywhere, so far they have been through 2 cars and are still at like 50 percent tread, and i have been rippin on these, i would like another set but i cant find them

Can’t go wrong with the Kumho MX or Falken RT-615s for the money :nod

i was also looking at the kumho mx’s

you work at goodyear :lol

ok yeah, the republic tires suck (ensign and enterprise) goodyear tires are fucking expensive out the ass and i wanted to get prices on those dunlop signatures we have sitting upstairs…idk ill ask mah brotha ernie for some prices

id go with kumho or hancooks, decent tires especially for the price

ooo yeah Hankook RS-2’s are awesome for the money as well!

BFG mud terrains. hot shit

i say buy rubber ones.

:rofl :lmao