Need "REAL'' opinions.........

Well here i am…i ma going to go get a motor today and my problem is this…i have the GTP for 6 years now and have loved every moment of it but now is the time to decide. Should i put a tsock motor in it and just sell it or try to find the problem and put my mods into this one nad keep it? I love it becasue it is front wheel drive,a good,quik DD and is in great condition. I really am having trouble thinking about this,i won,t be able to find a front wheel drive car for the price range i ma looking at that i can run here and there at the track and still be a DD with all the options i have on the car. Any ideas?

keep it. Build it. Just measure more before assembly

changing motors on cars becomes frustrating. Throw this one is for the remainder of the summer(leaving it stock), and take one of your dmg’d motors and BUILD it over the winter. Thats what I’m doing only I got 2 motors to build :frowning: $$$$

In order for me to build another one i would need another block,it is very very unwise to rebuild the bottom ends on these cars.I would need a new block or motor for that unless i just have someone who knows perfectly what they are doing in terms of building this one,all it needs that is the most critical part of building is the cam put in.

stock, sell, gto

you can rebuid it

bigger

better

faster

stronger…

LMAO,thats what i would like to do but money is an issue kind of? I need to find out y it happened agian first then decide,but i would like to keep it wiht my mods as well,but i am worried about a bearing failure again,anyone local who knows how to semi build?

What other cars do you have?

If you need a jack of all trades car I’d say keep it and figure out what’s been going wrong. In PA you don’t really want a RWD car for your jack of all trades car so that rules out a GTO, Fbody etc.

Now if you have a winter beater for snow driving then I say go stock and sell it. Pick up a LS1 Fbody and never look back.

-TJ

05 STi

i’d keep it…like i said prime the oil correctly this time :wink:

why must u prime the oil correctly on a use motor?

stock motor, then rebuilt the old one… fresh bottom end and block. do it right and never look back

those cars look good and are very good daily drivers. i think you should keep it.

roll bics56 style…mildy mod your gtp so it is somewhat fun and get a fbody.

i agree, i’ve never ever primed a motor before. i just make sure everything was coated with oil.

if it’s a gear style oil pump and has sat long enough it won’t create suction quick enough during initial startup. i said prime the pump not the motor - big difference

I say roll camless for a while

maybe throw on the pems, DP, intake and a 3.4 for the winter. Then you’ll have time to decide what to do. If the choice you make is to sell, demodding won’t be hard. Since it’s paid for you could look for another car and still have a daily driver to whoop on stang GTs :smiley: