Need Scooter/Moped advice, help!

So for awhile now I’ve been wanting to get a motorcycle but I’ve realized it just isn’t practical or even do-able in my present situation, however a moped or scooter could be much more realizable. Between being a broke as college kid and wanting to throw most of my money at my e30, this seems like a good idea for affordable, efficient and fun transportation in the right weather conditions.

Before I get a head of myself though, I could use some more info from someone who knows what they are doing. I have a handful big questions…

What are the requirements for a scooter or moped that you don’t need a motorcycle license to use?

What are the insurance requirements for such a vehicle?

What are some decent mopeds or scooters I could get new or used for around $1000?

Ideally I’d like to spend about $500 on a vehicle that doesn’t need a motorcycle license or insurance and can handle the 4 mile trip from my apartment to campus but I get the feeling that’s highly unrealistic.

Anyways any help is always appreciated. Thx

if it goes over 30mph or bigger than 50cc you need a motorcycle license, and I’m pretty sure they all require insurance. You’re better off getting a 250 like a rebel or a ninja.

You can get an old honda CB for under 1000 (I got mine for 10 bucks) and won’t look like a tool. Go that route. I pay under 100 bucks a year for insurance.

Get an enduro so you can whip across the grass too!