Need some advice guys!

Well let me start by introducing myself, my name is alex and i need some help guys. I am new to the site and have seen alot of useful things here. I currently starting a build and need some advice. I have a 1992 240sx LE coupe in which i am swapping a RB25det into. I got a shop that is charging me $3250.00. This includes engine, tranny, ecu, intercooler as well as piping and installation. My questions are:

1. Is this a good price for a package like this?
  2. Do i swap the engine now know that i will not beable to clean up the engine bay meaning its rusty now and my mech. can only do this install for me now…do i do it and deal with a rusty bay or pass on the deal?

Please give me as much input as you guys can.

Thank you in advance.

Fix all the rust now,
You’ll regret it later.

Could’nt agree more…

Is there anyway to fix the rust once the engine is installed?

Putting a swap into a rusty chassis is like taking a super fat chick to dinner. Sure you may get a hummer at the end of the night, but your buddies will make fun of you behind your back…

You know what I mean?

That is a nuts low price for an RB25 swap no? Maybe I am crazy but ya for sure fix that rust.

lol, man that does sound about right.

That being said, what would be the most finaically friendly ways of fixing my engine bay? Its not rotting but there is visuable surface rust.

Anyone out there with an RB25det swap that can fill me in on the basic’s price wise…is it a deal?

Contact draggoneon this board. He is doing some rather low-cost chassis repairs these days. He can have a look and let you know what he can and for how much.

Thankz man, i will give him a link.

^ Draggone , i assure you he can be available as soon as … tonight

That sounds too cheap. Has this shop done an RB25 swap before? Do they have a good rep? Be careful when dealing with shops that sound too good to be true. Because they will give you one price and by the time the swap is done they will have changed the price 3 times.
They will take your car apart and then find reasons to charge you more… But yeah, take care of the rust first.

yeah i bet this shop has no clue what they are doing…

if they havent dont this swap 4 times before you’re in for a world of hurt.

I would recommend checking the vendors first. For sure that swap will not cost you that kind of money with engine, tranny, intercooler, piping and installation. You will most likely end up at around 9gs, with that shop.

Thankz for all the input guys.

2jz240… you have any pix of the rust you want to get rid of?

Waite one moment!! your name is 2jz240 and you are puting in a RB25? lol.

That swap cost more money than what they quoted you. BECAREFULL.

I know a guy that has a rb20 (I think) that he just pulled out of his 240 to put in a 2jz I can ask him how much he wants for it.